Rummel Lake Trail

Rummel Lake Trail is a 9.2 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kovach, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9.2 km
500 m

skiing

This is a great hike with a beautiful lake at the end, but we didn't know the trail would split! We ended up on the mountain bike trail that didn't lead to the lake and had to turn around. So when you get to the fork, go left! This is before the bridge.

fly fishing

Great day in July 2017. Mostly walking through the forest and when the trees open up you are rewarded with beautiful views. The majority of the route is covered in tree roots. At the first unmarked fork in the road go left to stay on the Rummel lake trail. Turning right is a bike path.

At the bridge we did go right and walked up beside the waterfall. There is a ledge to cross and we even crossed a snow patch. It's a great walk and just when you start to wonder if you're going the wrong way, the path curves and pops you out at the lake. Easy to cross the shallow creek on the rocks and log. We took the main path back to the bridge on the way down.

Beautiful views. Gorgeous mountain lake with many colours depending on the sun. You can walk around the entire lake and there are stunning views everywhere.

We spent some time fly fishing but didn't catch anything as it was the hottest part of the day. Fish were rising but not jumping.

The entire day we saw about 20 people at various times. Young children (10ish) and a few dogs too.

Yes I would do this again.

Great snowshoeing to the lake, easy for beginners.

Great trail! I would definitely recommend going to the right just before the Bridge so you can see the waterfalls. The trail is a bit harder to follow but totally worth it!

January 21, 2017

great lake scenery at the end. 3+ hours total with break for lunch. Currently snow packed trail, snow shoes needed if you want to go further than the lake.

June 23/16 - Great hike. We hiked on a rainy day so there were no other people on the trail. Still beautiful at the lake and a great spot to stop for lunch.

Friday, July 29, 2016

I love Kananaskis but this wasn't one of my favourite hikes. Much quieter than Chester Lake - which was nice, and it was a bit more difficult. All of the elevation is in the first couple of kilometres. Skinny trail, mainly through the trees, but pretty once you get to the falls and when it opens up at the Lake. Took us 3 hours return - moderate pace.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

I absolutely love doing this hike. I took my time on this hike and it took me about 2.5 hours round trip. The lake at the end is a must see. My only tip for this hike is that when you get to the bridge DO NOT take it. Instead stay right on the trail and continue straight. It's about 10min longer then the bridge trail but you will have an amazing hike up the side of a small waterfall.