Rawson Lake Trail

Rawson Lake Trail is a 9.8 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9.8 km
921 m

beach

bridge out

Great views at top

Absolutely loved it. It's steep but very doable and what a beautiful hike all the way up. Once you get to the lake, it is stunning. Make sure to walk all the up to the end of the lake. So pretty and you can enjoy a little picnic there. The next trail is Sarrail trail which is extremely steep. I haven't done it as I have only 6-7 hike under my belt but it's on my futur list.

I loved this hike, getting to the lake was a really great easy climb. The lake was so crystal clear, and no breeze it was just a stunning view to see. We then went up to the ridge, and it was definitely challenging because it is so dusty, so you are slipping and sliding and everyone is going up and down on the same path. Its to bad it was so smoking when we were there, however the views we still incredible. Worth going all the way to the top, just be careful on your way down :)

Great hike, great views! The first part is quite easy, as is once you get to the top by the lake. The middle section is quite challenging as it's uphill switch backs. Hence why it's considered a moderate hike. Take your time in this section. We like to start our hikes early between 8-9am. A lot less people on the trails that way. It took us about 1.5 hours to get from parking lot to the lake.

Great hike for some exercise and fishing

Gorgeous lake once you reach the top. Be prepared to hike up, up and up! Majority is an incline. Worth the beauty at the top!

A nice, moderate hike up to the beautiful lake. If you are continuing on to the ridge, good boots and poles are a MUST! The scramble is steep and hard but the view is so worth it! It was very smokey at the time but still beautiful!

Beautiful there and back but a significant incline to start the trail. After that it's smooth sailing! So much to see and the lake at the end was just so serene. We went up early in the morning and there weren't too many other people on the trail. On the way back was when the hordes started to come in. Great way to spend a Saturday with the wife and pup!

Amazing hike with a beautiful cold lake at the top!

The first and last third of the Rawson Lake portion are easy, the middle section earning the moderate rating for the grade. The lake is beautiful and easy to walk around to the far end. The trail up to the ridge was definitely challenging, steep and lots of loose dirt. I was glad for good tread on my boots (both going up and down) and wished I had brought poles. I found that section hard, considering myself a fairly novice hiker, about 7 under my belt this year, but doable and well worth it for the amazing views, even with the smoke in the air. It took us over an hour to get up that section, 30 minutes down. Make sure to plan for time to spend at the top for the views after that hard work to get up! One of our group was pushing to get down right away and it was disappointing to leave - so will have to return. All in all with a few short breaks, 30-40 minutes of rest stops combined at most, was 5 hours round trip. Trail was really busy in the afternoon as we came down.