Rawson Lake Trail

Rawson Lake Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

still quite a bit of snow (may 21) so highly recommend proper hiking boots but crampons aren't necessary

Great trail; still very snow packed (on May 21). The lake is still frozen over too. Beautiful nonetheless!

We hiked this trail in mid August. High traffic on the day we went, with many areas bottlenecked on the switchbacks. Steep climb at the end of the trail, with some beautiful scenery at the lake itself. Another highlight was some nice photo ops at the falls midway along the trail.

Lots of snow but a great hike! Stay on the well groomed narrow trail for a good hike. Excellent views at the top around Rawson lake

Really enjoyed this hike, steep incline at the beginning got the blood pumping (in not in tip top shape) and the views at the lake are fantastic. Did the hike twice and successfully fished for cutthroat trout each time. Grizzly activity on the west ridge above the lake.

Easy hike with a beautiful lake at the top. Trail was relatively low traffic so we were surprised to see so many people at the top.

There were fishermen at the lake so I am assuming if you're licensed it is a authorized spot for angling.

We had also just missed a bear on the trail so be sure you are well equipped with a bell and bear spray.

Great winter hike in the snow

Beautiful views of Upper Kananaskis Lake to start and Rawson Lake did not disappoint at the end.

Great dog friendly trail! Fishing steep climb up to ridge... beautiful scenery!

I would say this hike would be considered hard, just for the first half because there is a pretty decent incline but towards the middle it is much more level with an occasional climb. Right now a good portion of the hike trail is covered in very slippery ice, so I would recommend ice cleats or hiking poles. Altogether the top makes it worth it with a very peaceful frozen lake!

Absolutely stunning views! There were a surprising number of people on the trail for shoulder season. Lots of beautiful snow. I disagree with the rating of "hard". I found this to be a quick and easy hike. Park in upper kananaskis lake lot and walk around lake trail until you reach signs for Rawson Lake trail. Enjoy!

I've done this twice and both time I've enjoyed it. first time I've done it with a friend and the other time did it with my son and the same friend.

I loved this hike! It was a nice moderate incline. Beautiful green moss and a nice waterfall to take pictures in the beginning.
The lake was gorgeous and the mountain range was beautiful. I tried to do the scramble but scared myself as I didn't feel comfortable with the shoes I was wearing and it was a tad slick.

Such a beautiful hike, but if you plan on doing the scramble I would definitely bring poles!