Prairie View Trail to Jewell Pass

Prairie View Trail to Jewell Pass is a 14.6 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

14.6 km
986 m

moderate trail at the beginning with some steep uphill that will slow down even the most in shape hikers. Once at the lookout the view was spectacular, be sure to stay to the left in order to stay on trail. bring lots of water there is no water in the trail.

this was my 2nd mountain hike experience and my first one in the rockies... my phone died where it indicated the end point but we walked back along the lake to our starting point.
i thought the scramble part would be harder but it was great and we had a very informative conversation with the forest ranger at the top. we took jewel pass on the way back which was a beautiful trail

unfortunately we did not experience the spectacular views of the mountains due to smoke from the BC wild fires. I can only imagine what they look like but I did see pictures others had posted and they truly are gorgeous.

Hike up was steady and our legs were burning but nice view from the top. Going down through the pass didn't offer much to see but it was a nice easy walk down through the trees. The final stretch around the lake at the bottom to get back to the parking lot seemed never ending (very little shade on a hot day and the ground was hard) but overall would recommend it!

Great views at the very top by the heli pad

My sister and I did this hike and it took us 4.5 hours. This is with two breaks at the top. Very beautiful and well worth it.

Great hike! From the perspective of someone who is just starting out with hiking It was doable plus the view was amazing on top! This is my first hike that was more than 1 hour long and I didnt think I can do 5 hours of hiking before but this was very manageable.

busy up the the prairie view peak and a little less busy back around on jewell pass. The falls still had some ice at the end of may.