Nihahi Ridge Trail

Nihahi Ridge Trail is a 21.1 kilometer out and back trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

21.1 km
1,604 m

So so beautiful, one of my favourite hikes

Beautiful trail, scramble at the top can be pretty difficult but my dog made it up! Definitely recommend!

Great hike! Beautiful views all the way up of Mt. Romulus, Remus, Glasgow, Cornwall, Fullerton, and Banded Peak pokes through near the ridge. The ridge is a fun scramble in places but not for the faint of heart. Good sturdy hikers or trail runners are recommended. The full ridge does not have to be done, easily a 6-8k return hike up to the ridge and back down to the trail head parking lot. Not busy at all for Tuesday. Only saw 9 other hikers and one dog all day.

great hike and amazing view at the top!

Awesome hike! Pretty cool scrambling at some points near the top!

Beautiful, I’d do it again in a heartbeat

Went up for sunset last night. Beautiful views most of the way. I would suggest it may be a better sunrise hike next time. Don’t be intimidated by this app saying the hike is 21km. You can stop anytime along the ridge. We hiked for 4 hours and tracked 12.4km.

Amazing! Beautiful views all the way along. Great diversity in terrain and incline. Hot day- decent tree coverage though for most of it! Lots of great spots to rest along the way and enjoy the view.

nice hike !! the view is beautiful.

Beautiful hike! Lots of scenic stops on the way up. Gradual incline so not too difficult until you get below the ridge and then you scramble up. Coming down from the ridge you have to watch your footing with the areas of scree and steep decline. Gorgeous day!! Would do again and go further along the ridge next time. I recommend being on the trail by 8am to avoid traffic.

Great hike!! Views are lovely most of the way up!

Great hike, pretty busy however, but really great views.

Excellent!

Great views the entire hike. A nice mix of trees and open rock

One of the most memorable hikes I've done. Incredible views on the ridge. We weren't able to make it the whole way along the ridge as the wind as extremely strong. Beautiful hike the whole way!

Views

We didn’t make it to the very top as the wind picked up the higher we got and the weather was starting to turn, but what we saw was memorable. We then managed to lose the trail coming back down.

super scary sidewinding parts

Did this hike on a sunrise (June 2 2018). Started hiking at 3am ish from the trailhead parking. We somehow managed to sneak in the parking lot (It said it was closed). Got up to the start of the ridge when the sun rose and it was amazing! Highly recommended for sunrise. We had the ridge all to ourselves!

very manageable elevation gain since it was spaced out, and good variety of tree covered/scramble/climbing. there was a little bit of snow on the trail that was still melting but nothing up on the ridge. the ridge is quite long, and it was very windy up top so bringing layers is a good idea. Got pretty busy coming down at around 1:00pm. in all, the views on the ridge are panoramic and well worth it! definitely would recommend

loved it! Some parts are extremely steep, many ways up, you can chose to climb or hike up. on the way back I took a "shortcut" and decided to try and stay on the ridge until far down the trail and climb down part of the rock. I soon realised I bite off more than I could chew so I climbed back up and looked up to find an old native man who told me if I followed the ridge further down there was an easy rock latter to get down which was great and and made it so I can avoid the steep section

Nihahi was my third hike and it was a tough one but boy was the view worth It! I recall it taking us 2.5 hrs give or take. mind you it was a really hot day. I definitely want to do it again only this time go more prepared as we ran out of water going up

A great trail that really doesnt have an end. You can hike down this ridgeline quite far.

4 stars because this trail can be busy but the views are still excellent. Once you get to the ridge, it also doesnt really matter how far you go.

Absolutely stunning views! The trail isn’t too hard to get up, and while it is steep the elevation gain is spread out and I found it manageable. The views from the top of the ridge let you see all the way down the valley and it was definitely worth it!

Best done in dry conditions I couldn’t reach the top cause it was pretty slick from melting snow but will go back for the great views. Didn’t seem as long and steep as listed either. Would be nice if the day use area was on the other side of the campground though

I didn't much like this trail. It's a long walk through the campground to even get to the trail head and it's all up hill from there with tons of scrambling with some actual climbing. Was exhausted when reached the top which took away a little from the beauty of where I was.

I found this hike very difficult, but manageable. There are some very steep parts. But the views are amazing. Going down I really had to watch my footing and really didn't get to enjoy the view. Make sure you stop every once in a while and look around!

Beautiful

Monday, August 07, 2017

Long hiked, very windy on the top but super amazing view. Some part is steep but everyone can do it. Highly recommended!

Monday, August 07, 2017

Great hike, would do it again. Lots of small
Trails so it was kind of difficult to find our way but it still took us up to the top. Saw a bear eating berries on our way down.