Nihahi Ridge Trail

Nihahi Ridge Trail is a 21.1 kilometer out and back trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

21.1 km
1604 m

loved it! Some parts are extremely steep, many ways up, you can chose to climb or hike up. on the way back I took a "shortcut" and decided to try and stay on the ridge until far down the trail and climb down part of the rock. I soon realised I bite off more than I could chew so I climbed back up and looked up to find an old native man who told me if I followed the ridge further down there was an easy rock latter to get down which was great and and made it so I can avoid the steep section

Nihahi was my third hike and it was a tough one but boy was the view worth It! I recall it taking us 2.5 hrs give or take. mind you it was a really hot day. I definitely want to do it again only this time go more prepared as we ran out of water going up

A great trail that really doesnt have an end. You can hike down this ridgeline quite far.

4 stars because this trail can be busy but the views are still excellent. Once you get to the ridge, it also doesnt really matter how far you go.

Absolutely stunning views! The trail isn’t too hard to get up, and while it is steep the elevation gain is spread out and I found it manageable. The views from the top of the ridge let you see all the way down the valley and it was definitely worth it!

Best done in dry conditions I couldn’t reach the top cause it was pretty slick from melting snow but will go back for the great views. Didn’t seem as long and steep as listed either. Would be nice if the day use area was on the other side of the campground though

I didn't much like this trail. It's a long walk through the campground to even get to the trail head and it's all up hill from there with tons of scrambling with some actual climbing. Was exhausted when reached the top which took away a little from the beauty of where I was.

I found this hike very difficult, but manageable. There are some very steep parts. But the views are amazing. Going down I really had to watch my footing and really didn't get to enjoy the view. Make sure you stop every once in a while and look around!

Beautiful

Long hiked, very windy on the top but super amazing view. Some part is steep but everyone can do it. Highly recommended!

Great hike, would do it again. Lots of small
Trails so it was kind of difficult to find our way but it still took us up to the top. Saw a bear eating berries on our way down.

This was my very first hike. Loved the views from the top of the ridge. Worth the 2 hours it took to hike up.

Great short hike, around 2hrs going up. I wouldn't personally do this hike in runners. You do not need to scramble up on to the ridge to get nice views, and I'd say the scrambling at the top was the most difficult part if you're one to be scared of heights.

Beautiful hike with varied scenery. My only complaint is that the trail often splits, sometimes leading to some pretty narrow and steep drops. Would recommend this hike!

A challenge to the ridge top, but worth it for the stunning views on either side. Scrambling up is manageable, coming down required some butt sliding. Still fun.

Real good work out if you make it to the very top

Love this hike! Wouldn't say it is hard, as long as you give yourself time. Views are incredible, could stay up there all day. Very busy on weekends and holidays.

First hike ever for us! Our friend brought us after we arrived at the airport. I was stunned by the beautiful scenery and it really pumped us up for our Alberta vacation trip

You don't have to complete the scramble to the peak to get the same amazing views. Very scenic the whole way. A little steep in certain sections and getting down can take a bit of time.

We had a great time on the hike, we brought our little dog along and she crushed the hike. We didn't make it to the summit, the last scramble going up was incredible steep so we decided to eat lunch and enjoy the view from where we were. We were told the view from the top and where we ended up were very similar and or equally as stunning, so then I didn't feel as bad for not going all the way. Overall, great workout, fantastic view and an amazing way to spend the day.

It feels like the hike should end every time there is a clearing because it's so beautiful! But it just keeps getting better as you go! Really nice variety throughout the hike as well in terms of difficulty, not challenging the whole hike, many breaks are given!

Great variation of terrain.
Beautiful views.
Good workout !

Sunday, November 20, 2016

An easy/moderate hike super close to Calgary. Absolutely unreal scenery. It was VERY windy at the top, but well worth it. I'll definitely do this one again.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

A great workout! Took us 2 hours up (with a group of 6) and round trip was about 9km. All the sweat and aches were worth it for the spectacular views at the top.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

July 22/16 - Great hike and lots of other people on the trail. Nice views at the top.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Absolutely awesome hike. Good work out and great views, a really good day out. I have not done it for along time so I will need to get back up there soon.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Great day hike close to Calgary. beautiful sites from the top.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Did this last fall. Nice hike, gets better the higher you go.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Did not get all the way up the ridge, but even so a beautiful quick hike from Calgary, AB.
Amazing views! Need to do this again soon.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Great views on both sides of the ridge. Take the fast way down the shale on the way back and walk along the river side.