Mount Solomon is a 10.3 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brule, Alberta, Canada that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October.

10.3 km
608 m

Nice and quiet. Well marked trail system. Stop at the black cat ranch for local information on the trail - they build/maintain the trail to the best of my knowledge. Bring your bear spray.

1st time I ever summited a mountain. great trail. and scenery. My brother and I hiked this trail and loved it. will do it again next time I am in town

really nice hike and beautiful view on the summit. worth the hike

I’ve done this trail twice now. First half is a breeze and second is a bit more challenging but the views are amazing.

Solid solo hike. Arrived around 8am and never saw anyone until 11am when I was nearly back at my truck. Exchanged the ol' "What's up?" nods and the classic "Ugh how much farther!?" and "You have a ways to go!" exchange. Ahhh hiking banter...

Well marked trail, amazing views from the summit! A bit of a climb but definitely worth it, recommend going into the Black Cat Ranch for trail maps

Well maintained and marked trail. Great view at the top!

Fun hike, nice view.

Great winter snowshoe hike. It would be a boring hike in the summer when there are hundreds of more spectacular destinations. It's also a nice hike for late season (October-November) when there aren't many options

Monday, August 21, 2017

Really enjoyed this hike. Pretty easy and beautiful view of the mountains. Very happy we took the alternate route back to the ranch where we seen massive old trees both fallen and standing.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Having climbed this mountain many times in the last 40 years, it really pleases me to see it on this listing, especially as I am the one who has done most of the maintenance, mapping and signage on the trail as well for these 40 years.

Please stop in at the Black Cat Ranch lodge and pick up a free map of this and other trails in the area. We have had the privaledge of living in this spectacular location and love to share the trails with others.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017