Mount Fable Trail

Mount Fable Trail is a 20.1 kilometer out and back trail located near Bighorn No 8, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

20.1 km
1852 m

Solid day hike/scramble. Hiking boots/poles recommended. Lots of creek crossing. Unmarked trail but just follow the GPS and creek beds and you can't get lost. 9-10 hours, don't get caught in bad weather up top

Loved this awesome challenge! I am new to hiking but I'm fairly athletic and motivated and this was definitely one of the hardest things I've done. Great views and worth all the hard work.. Took my breath away in more ways than one!!

Friday, June 03, 2016

It's a long walk up the creek bed until the valley on your left. There are route options near the summit, ranging from shale trails to moderately difficult scrambling. Get ip early and dedicate a good 9 hours to this beautiful, challenging hike.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Did I say Heart Mountain was the toughest trail I ever did? I think this one was. But it has been a few years. I still remember the exciting beauty.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Rough and beautiful. Another trail from that Canadian Rockies trip a few years ago.