Mount Burke Trail

Mount Burke Trail is a 10.3 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ranchland No. 66, Alberta, Canada that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

10.3 km
896 m

Nice challenging trail with a little of everything thrown in. From an easy approach to the final shale steeps it had great variety. Little wooden shack and a weather beacon? at the top. 2 hr return but that was maxed out.

Good hiking trail not to populated, took about four hours round trip at a slower pace. Nice view from the very top, don’t stop at the tree line push yourself up to the top.

I've done this trail twice now and love it! It is easy to follow and the view from the old fire watch station is spectacular, I highly recommend this trail.

Well marked trail. Very quiet. Almost harder coming down with that long straight descent. Al around great hike. If any fear of heights might not make it to the top

straight forward trail. It took me 2 hrs to reach the summit and 1hr to hike down.
There are trail markers to follow when you reach intersections which makes it great.
I would consider this a intermediate hike due to some endurance required, but over all an easy hike.
Just expect a straight, uphill slog and you will be good. June 9-2018

Completed this on May 8th 2018. I would give yourself all day (6hrs) to complete this hike. We didn't go all the way, as we were exhausted upon breaking tree line. Trail was very snow-covered and hard to find, added to our time.
Good workout, I would say 80-90% of this hike is an incline.

One of the best hikes I had in 2017. I recommend it to anyone that just started to hike or intermediate level. It was a bit windy up in the top. Perhaps expected to bit a chilly during mid December. I found unfinished bottle of Rum and we thought it was a pee..lol.

Saturday, July 29, 2017