Moose Mountain Northeast Summit

Moose Mountain Northeast Summit is a 12.1 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kananaskis Improvement, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is best used from May until September.

Distance: 12.1 km Elevation Gain: 644 m Route Type: Out & Back

I ran right on up to the summit and signed in to the guest book. Couple fellas told me a helicopter buzzed them at the summit, but I had it all to myself. Gorgeous day, easy run, still tuckered out my dog

Sign said it was closed and under construction, but we made it to the 2nd summit with no problems. Approximately 20 other hikers on the trail as well. Great hike, wide trail but lots of loose rocks. Very windy approaching the 1st summit through to the 2nd.

I just completed this hike today with my dog. We went solo. It's a great hike. I definitely would rate this as moderate but has a great steady incline. Once you leave the forested area it becomes open to the windy elements and then once you get to the top you think you're almost done but you're not you just got to keep going west to get to the top which you then see there's another Peak and that's where the wildlife Lookout is. we didn't make it to the summit because people told us that it was closed. But other hikers were making it past the signs stating that the summit was closed. there was no mountain bikers on this path and there was about roughly 20 other hikers passing me the other way or passing me coming back. So it wasn't very busy. Only two dogs including mine. Very quiet day.

Saturday, September 01, 2018