Midnight Peak from Baldy Pass

Midnight Peak from Baldy Pass is a 15.4 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kananaskis Village, Alberta, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

15.4 km
1,783 m

4.3 km into Baldy pass to begin ascend onto the scree slope of Midnight peak (up ~400m elevation gain). Descend quite steep through unmarked trail.

My friend and I attempted hiking to the peak today but eventually turned around due to knee/waist deep snow without snowshoes. We also didn't have this map to follow; we just took the one from Baldy Pass. Great hike and will try it again.

Really steady hike until the last third, which was nice. Beautiful views to your back as you scramble to the top too, and the final stretch is easy if you work your way low along the snow cap. Wish we picked a less windy day!

It was an excellent hike! I wished there was more snow on the ground as coming down the hills was harder.