Maligne Canyon

Maligne Canyon is a 4.3 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Henry House, Alberta, Canada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.3 km
142 m

Loved it!

Amazing walk trough the canyon following the beautiful maligne river.

Beautiful views ! Easy trail, go early it gets pretty crowded.

lovely little hike

Amazing views off of both bridges 1 and 2. Sad we couldn’t do 3 through 6. Youngest’s legs were done after a couple of other sites.

Started at Fifth Bridge. Leisurely walk along canyon side trail (7) to teahouse beyond First Bridge, taking advantage of steps when available. Impressive gorge with many photo opportunities. More crowded close to bridges 1-3. Returned via 7f. Trail a bit beat up at the beginning of 7 near Fifth Bridge and midway along steep slope part of 7f.

Amazing views.

Easy hike for mostly everyone with spectacular views. Also a great hike in the winter months when you can explore the falls when frozen!

Did the ice walk with the family. Was absolutely beautiful! I recommend snow pants, ice cleats, and a helmet.

Definitely the best hiking trail in Jasper. We went on January 22, 2018. Seeing the frozen waterfalls and 100ft tall ice walls were crazy but during the hike there were gates that were open for all to get up and close with these amazing spectacles!!

super cool and pretty great for the family

Beautiful place. My parents took me on this hike when I was quite little. I had a chance to come to Jasper. No knowing I had done it before, I had chosen that hike. So now I have gotten to hike it once more with my Dad! Definitely worth it

Monday, August 14, 2017

Beautiful trail and easy to do if you start at the tea house and go to the fifth bridge. Pretty much flat - a few small easy hills. Out and back on same trail this way. Beautiful hike and great family hike.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

The actual canyon is a 4/5 but the crowds knock it down a little. I am glad that I went, but I don't think I would bother going again, unless I was showing it to somebody. maybe I would hike in from the other end. but just looping bridges 1-3 or 4 is not worth doing more than once.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Really crowded!!!! Lots of tour buses...amazing canyons.

Friday, July 28, 2017

The waterfalls look incredible when they are frozen in winter.

1 hour ago