Lineham Falls Trail

Lineham Falls Trail is a 9.3 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waterton, Alberta, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October.

9.3 km
616 m

I wouldn't rate it as hard but a moderate climb and well worth pushing past the trails end to the falls, just leave ample time to get there and back to the trail.
great views...

This hike was amazing! Tons of great sights on the way and not too hard. Putting in the extra effort to hike right up to the waterfalls is totally worth it.

The first 1/2 of this hike is steep and very exposed, and thus was more difficult than I expected. Take water. That said, the scenery is absolutely fantastic. I loved the hike. It would have been 5 stars, but the trail ends a mile before the falls, which was a bit of a letdown. Looked like you could buschwhack it over to them without too much difficulty, but this was the last hike of a 2 week hiking trip and we just weren't up to it. The falls themselves are massive, as can be seen in the photos. But most of them don't do justice to the amphitheater shaped valley itself. It's really spectacular.

Hiked 1st week of June, 2017, and trail was almost entirely clear of snow, with some easily passable patches. Also ran into a grizzly right at the trailhead.

I did this hike last August- my first in Waterton. It's pretty much all uphill going in and the sun was unrelenting! But the views were absolutely incredible. A very enjoyable day hike :)

The incline in the trail was unexpected but not too bad. Was a beautiful trail!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Sunday, May 29, 2016

This was a hike full of great scenery and opportunities for great photographs. The falls are spectacular and can be reached through a number of unofficial trails.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

I was disappointed that the trail is only a viewpoint of the falls, We jumped the trail and proceeded up tot he base of the falls. I enjoyed the hike none the less :)

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Sunday, March 22, 2015

The trail my buddies and I did was a lot more intense than just the falls. We hiked the Rowe Lakes Trail up the Rowe Ridge and then across a saddle to the north and then dropped down skree to the Lineham Falls. I believe there used to be a trail up to Lineham Lakes but the trail was too dangerous so people have been going the way that we went. It is a full day hike. I hike pretty fast when I want to and this was a 7-8 hour hike. We ended up getting pinned at the top of the saddle overnight, we started the trail way to late in the day, luckily we had a tent and weren't in serious trouble or in need of rescue and made a fun time of it. Not recommended to do the same thing, I don't know if you can get a backcountry camping permit for that trail or not. But I would do it again if you can.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

decent shorter hike in Waterton Lakes off the Akamina Parkway. the trail ends at a sign that marks the end of the trail. It was a rainy day and we took our time and had lunch at the end of the trail. Great rainy day hike. June 28, 2014 and an avalache had taken out part of the trail. Just cross the snow and pick up the trail to the left of the point of land. Plan on 4 hours if you really take your time.