Lady Macdonald Teahouse Trail

Lady Macdonald Teahouse Trail is a 9.2 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Canmore, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9.2 km
1113 m

I love this trail. Right in my backyard.

A good one to do early in the day. Well worth it for the view.

Amazing hike to do in the spring when one side of the ridge is snowy and the other melted. Incredible view at the teahouse foundation.

My first hike in Canada on 11 August, a lovely but hot day. The trail was very easy to find and follow, and although steep rewarded me with lovely views all the way up. From the Cougar Creek car park up and down took me 3hrs 45, going at a good pace but stopping to take photos. The summit ridge needs to be taken seriously as the exposure is quite severe, but is a wonderful experience as long as you are comfortable scrambling at altitude. I took 3 litres of water which was just enough. Boots are better than trainers for the top part beyond the helipad as there is lots of loose scree.

Just finished my hike to the peak and wow was it worth it. I headed out alone but met up with two fellow hikers that really helped with the climb. Definitely not for beginners as the terrain gets real slippy in places.
Well worth the leg ache though. Views from the top are spectacular!

I did last friday ! Beautiful view on Canmore

What an amazing up hill trek to the best views of Canmore and surrounding areas. When I say up hill, it's a steep incline all the way up hill from the trail head to the end. Not for the unfit by any means as this was probably one of the hardest trails my wife and I have done, but worth every step as you stand at the top and take it all in.

On our first full day in Canmore, we wanted to get our bearings and take it slow before fully diving into what all Banff and Canmore had to offer.

We chose Lady Macdonald and initially regretted the decision due to the immediate steepness of the trail. The steepness never let up.

Lady Mac was relentless.

The reward at the top was all worth it.

She gives and she takes.

I wouldn't consider this hike family-friendly or beginner-friendly. Trekking poles were a must.