Kinglet Lake is a 11.6 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cline River, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until August.

11.6 km
787 m

From Nordegg- Approximately 4km past Two OClock rec area turn off. There's a small pull out on right side of road by a small creek. There is a sign for Kinglet Lake. Walk down old road and find prominent path. Stay left while heading up, incline starts fairly quickly. Steep hike up to a meadow. There will be a trail marker for Tuff Puff Ridge going right, kinglet going left. Kinglet was a beautiful, steep hike up. Great cutthroat fishing at the lake and very light traffic. Views weren't spectacular as BC fire haze created very poor visibility, but I'm sure they'd be amazing on a clear day. Great hike regardless and not one to be taken lightly.. hiking shoes are a must. Round trip for us was approx 4 hrs

My husband and I did this hike with our 13 and 12 year old children, and our dog. The uphill sections were steep and challenging, but we took breaks and made it to Kinglet Lake in about 2.5 hours (the return trip was 1.5 hours). The lake was beautiful and we were the only people there. The water was crystal clear and fish were jumping. The kids went for a swim, but it was definitely chilly! Wear good trail shoes.

The gravel can be slippery at times, making it challenging for a beginner such as myself. There were some gorgeous spots by the lake that made me wish I did an overnight trip instead of one day. Despite snow only a hundred meters above, the water was reasonable for a dip on a hot day.

Stayed two nights over July 7th weekend. A few observations:
The lake area gets cold really fast with west wind.
It’s cold there despite beautiful sunny and warm weather on the way up to the lake. Forecast for SK River is crossing (closest weather location) was very very wrong and we got a lot of rain despite better forecast so pack rain, wind and cold weather gear regardless of the forecast if staying overnight.
We loved the area and hiked to the waterfall that you can see from the lake area. Took about an hour going slow with a lot of stops and required a bit of bush wacking as we didn’t find a trail leading to the waterfall.

A really good hike to awesome scenery. May long 2018 the lake was iced over but the shore line had access to open water.

Nice little day hike.