Karst Spring Trail

Karst Spring Trail is a 9.0 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kovach, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9 km
302 m

Took 26 members of our hiking club in today. Many had never been there before & were just amazed with huge smiles. What a beautiful spot.

So this was a really fun, and not super demanding trail. The views were spectacular the whole way but it was extra nice because my husband and I talked and joked around on the trail and had the best day! We weren’t tired or out of breath, we just strolled and hung out. We parked at the mt shark heli pad so it was a bit further. The spring at the end is nuts! I can’t wait to come back with my bike

Easy trail. Next time I would take a bike up to the lake then hike the rest of the way.
The river was amazing to see, the spring was a surprise at the end. Hence the 5 star.

An enjoyable walk I've done 3 times!

Did this trail 2 days ago. Great view!

easy trail with nice views

Great trail! i absolutely love it! except the "boring" part

I loved this hike. I'm a sucker for a waterfall :) Pretty easy. A few steep bits, but lots of flat parts to even it out. The first part of the trail is pretty open and dry. But it's worth carrying on!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

SO BEAUTIFUL. Even the "boring" section has wild strawberries growing beside the trail and crosses some creeks! the area around watridge lake is swampy and has a little boardwalk, then its up the hill beside a raging stream through a mossy pine forest to the karst.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Very nice! Pretty level, on a road for most​ of the trip. Good view of the surrounding mountains. Then a cold lake, a pretty wetland, and a really impressive cascade coming from the spring. Good for any experience level. I'd rate this easy, not moderate.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Recommend riding bike to base of karst and then hiking up. Very flat and boring for most of the way. Beautiful tho

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

This is a good family hike. But the first 1/2 of the hike is relatively "boring" as someone immaturely scratched on the signs. It is a wide, grass covered, well travelled path. But the rocky mountain range from all angles is truly breath taking.
We went on an overcast day thanksgiving weekend. I feel like end of May or beginning of June there would be more to look at with wild flowers.
Just past the 1/2 way mark the scenery changes to tall evergreens and the incline picks up a tad.
Once you reach the lake there is a boardwalk. My kids loved it and that is where things started to get fun for them and the complaining stopped!
The moss was a vibrant green. The path takes you upside the creek. Lots of opportunities for pictures.
We sat at the top and had lunch while a light sprinkle of snow fell on us. It was amazing!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Karst Spring Trail. 10km return trip. Not exciting to start - you hike an old logging road for a few km through the Mt Shark trail system. Eventually arriving at Watridge Lake (turn left at the fork and go downhill to the lake) Mt Cone is across the lake to the right, Mt Shark behind you. A walk up Watridge Creek alongside boulders and driftwood covered in bright green moss, leads you to a roaring spring that bursts out of a rock face. It's a magical place, didn't feel like Alberta.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Loved this hike! Perfect for families with smaller kids. Dogs and Granny loved it too! Took us about 3.5hours with minimal steep inclines and the path is well taken care of.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Very easy. Trail from lake to the springs more enjoyable!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Beautiful, rather hidden, spring. Not a hard walk/hike.

Monday, July 17, 2017