Johnston Canyon Trail to Lower Falls

Johnston Canyon Trail to Lower Falls is a 1.9 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Massive, Alberta, Canada that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1.9 km
90 m

Went pretty early around 6:30 am and there were already some people ahead of me. This was a cool hike and the falls even had a little cave you can go through and feel the spray from the water! Saw tons of people on my way down so definitely go early!

Pretty water and falls, but crowded

Very nice and easy walk. Quite busy though. I loved the lower falls better than the upper falls.

Great hike with the family!

We loved this hike, but the trail was very icy. I strongly recommend cleats if you are not very comfortable on the ice. We didn’t go to the upper falls because we were not prepared for the ice.

If the snow was melted, this would be such a great trail. The way that the park built out the trail made it much more accessible to the public.

Easy hike; a little slippery at certain points. The views are amazing. Make sure to check out the cave!

Very slippery. Need spikes, very busy trail this weekend

Great short walk

The weather was nice ! Trail was not busy at time we were there . I love the fact that people who had their dogs were on leashes . I really enjoyed the hike to the lower falls .

Beautiful!

One of the nicest ones

Excellent one for and with kids! Must do when out here. We visited from Saskatoon.

Amazing day with the kids! This is not your standard hike, everything is very well groomed and paved through out. All though not much of a hike, beautiful day and waterfalls!

More of a walk than a hike. It is on a completely paved path along a stream leading to the waterfall. Kinda cool to check out the little cave near the fall. I think this would be good for families but I did it as a nice little walk after a big hike earlier that day!

By far my easiest hike, as a matter of fact I'd barely consider this a hike as it's basically a walking trail to beautiful waterfalls! Perfect for families and the elderly. Little to no work for a very exciting and scenic Waterfall :). I took my family here for their first hike to gradually introduce them to mountain hiking and they loved it. It's a great starting point!

Easy path, nice views. My kids enjoyed it. Busy, though, with steady stream of people in both directions. Still, one of the things to see in Banff.

Easy trail

A little crowded.

Easy walk with stunning views!

Gorgeous and simple hike. The only issue is how crowded with tourists. Good for dogs.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Very easy but busy hike, it is worth it though

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Didn't get to Ink Pots, but didn't think we would with a 9 yr old! Gorgeous views the entire way.

Saturday, April 22, 2017