Johnston Canyon Trail to Lower Falls

Johnston Canyon Trail to Lower Falls is a 2.1 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Massive, Alberta, Canada that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2.1 km
155 m

One of the nicest ones

Excellent one for and with kids! Must do when out here. We visited from Saskatoon.

Amazing day with the kids! This is not your standard hike, everything is very well groomed and paved through out. All though not much of a hike, beautiful day and waterfalls!

More of a walk than a hike. It is on a completely paved path along a stream leading to the waterfall. Kinda cool to check out the little cave near the fall. I think this would be good for families but I did it as a nice little walk after a big hike earlier that day!

By far my easiest hike, as a matter of fact I'd barely consider this a hike as it's basically a walking trail to beautiful waterfalls! Perfect for families and the elderly. Little to no work for a very exciting and scenic Waterfall :). I took my family here for their first hike to gradually introduce them to mountain hiking and they loved it. It's a great starting point!

Easy path, nice views. My kids enjoyed it. Busy, though, with steady stream of people in both directions. Still, one of the things to see in Banff.

Easy trail