Indefatigable Trail

Indefatigable Trail is a 9.2 kilometer loop trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for walking and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9.2 km
1075 m

Gorgeous views but one of the hardest hikes I have done so far.

Top of the line views! I couldn't quite reach the summit do to ice on the scrambling sections & I was hiking in knee deep snow by about 3 quarters of the way up. I could have easily reached the summit if I had better gloves and crampons. Amazing hike tho!

Top notch! Best 360 view you'll ever find! Stop what you're doing and go!

Long, hard scramble last 15 min, mostly just getting back down, but amazing! great views the whole way!! BEAR SPRAY, it is a bear closure area, don't let that scare you, just be smart! Easily marked, a couple turns that hikers have marked with rocks/sticks to point you in the right direction!

This one is so good I am sure to include it once every year or two. It's a great challenge for those new to scrambling, and for those who are seasoned it will provides enough thrills to make it worth the time - one of my favourites.

Amazingly stunning views. This one is now my favorite hikes, but it is quite difficult!

Still one of my favourite views of all time. Difficult but rewarding.

Me and a friend hiked this trail yesterday. We climbed up the weather station down to south summit. We were told that we took the bad ass route to the top, but only because we had no idea what we were doing. It was our first time scrambling. It wasn't too bad; just needed to be really smart and careful.

About an hour from the trail head slash warning sign, the awesome views of the 2 Kananaskis lakes will be visible. It's even better from the south summit, where the Hidden Lake can also be seen.

No bear sighting whatsoever. There were like 20 other people whom we encountered during our hike, including two rad guys who brought their mountain bikes with them to the top, then cycled down the steep trail (CRAZY).

Awesome hike. Did the complete traverse in a clockwise direction. Make noise, bring bear spray, go in a group but don't play your music. No one wants to hear your crappy music. Go for a dip in the pond, it's refreshing!

Any one see any bears on this trail this year plan on doing it Thursday

Scenic views make it worth to hike

The views are phenomenal, this mountain truly outdoes so many others just on this basis alone. One of my favourites to date just due to its uniqueness.

Did the South summit out and back on June 24, 2017. If doing the whole loop, this would have been the clockwise direction. Wasn't interested in doing the whole traverse as from what most people were saying on the mountain, the scrambling is tougher and the ridge is narrower, something I have less experience with. If you are planning on doing the whole loop, it seemed most people that had done it that day went in a counterclockwise direction.

Lucked out with conditions but as a good portion is exposed, it wouldn't be as much fun on a windy day - especially for the ridge walk. Some good scrambling. My friend's dog was able to summit but he climbs weekly. Many people kept their dogs below the ridge-line (for anyone planning on bringing). And as everyone says, go in a group, make noise/play music, pack spray. Bears love this mountain and if you look at the way it's shaped and its meadows and water availability, you can see why!

WARNING: this trail was decommissioned in 2005 to turn the area into a grizzly bear sanctuary. The parks advise that you don't use it, or if you do, to bring bear spray and be bear aware. The trail starts with this warning sign basically blocking the trail head.