Hoodoo Creek

Hoodoo Creek is a 5.6 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clearwater County, Alberta, Canada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October.

5.6 km
643 m

cave

Steep climb but worth the effort. The view of the lake down below is amazing and if your interested in going caving keep climbing past the hoodoos :)

Beautiful little hike but not well marked, others have said having the map downloaded will make a big difference. We ended up way off path but did make it to a couple of hoodoos. Would like to try this again with a map to follow.

Really nice hike, beautiful views of Abraham lake and the Rockies. Easy trail to follow to the hoodoos. To the caves past the hoodoos, follow the creek directly a ways and look up to your right. Cool cave, bring a light. Busy enough that you don't feel alone but not too busy.

Not for young kids. I'd say 8+. Decent little hike.

This hike was pretty disappointing. It is very unmarked and I got lost numerous times and I could not find the Caves. I ran it's a few people who said the same thing. My dog and I made an adventure out of it anyways and there were some good views. However, there are better hikes to do in the area that are more worth the time in my opinion!

Awesome hike, make sure you visit the caves.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Monday, August 01, 2016

It was quite easy finding our way to the hoodoos, but we decided to try and make it to the caves despite other people's reviews. The trailhead is very easy to find but once past the hoodoos there was literally no trail markings whatsoever. We climbed about another 200m past the hoodoos (on what we thought were trails) only to lose the trail completely. We would have kept going but there was not a single sign of a trail anywhere. Would have been nice if the previous hikers could have marked the trails once they found the caves. The views were quite nice though.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Saturday, May 14, 2016

The trail head was pretty easy to find do to the markers with ribbon on them. The trail to the first set of hoodoos was nice and easy but we lost the trail once we got there. So we decided to cross the creek in hopes of picking up the trail. Long story short, we did not do any such thing but instead we literally bushwhacked to the top of the mountain. It was incredibly sketchy but the views were a 10/10. Coming back down we picked up the trail where it had ended without finding where the path was that led to the caves. Honestly this trail was poorly marked and I'm pretty disappointed.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

This hike was great! It was a bit difficult to find the trailhead at first but once we found it, the views were breathtakingly gorgeous.
I tied a bright blue ribbon on a dead standing tree that's being held up by a large pike of Rocks to help the next hikers.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Awesome for a day hike! We spent most of the time off the actual trail but it was great and it's absolutely gorgeous! Made it up to the caves as well and that was pretty steep but definitely manageable if you're willing to get your hands dirty.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Great trail! The scenery along the way was beautiful. We hiked past the hoodoos a few hundred metres but had to turn around for weather so we didn't get to the cave. Grippers on your boots are a must in the winter/spring. It was really slick further up the creek bed. Would definitely recommend it and would go again.