Hoodoo Creek

Hoodoo Creek is a 5.6 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clearwater County, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.6 km
643 m

cave

We did this hike last spring in late March. We didn't have any trouble finding the trail, you pretty much just go straight up the creek bed. There's a few spots where the trail has been eroded away, so just go up the creek. Pretty simple. The cave is on your right up a big scree slope, a fair ways past the hoodoos.

Definitely pushed me outside my comfort zone at times but incredibly worth it!

Loved this hike! A little treacherous getting up to cave but well worth it.

Steep climb but worth the effort. The view of the lake down below is amazing and if your interested in going caving keep climbing past the hoodoos :)

Beautiful little hike but not well marked, others have said having the map downloaded will make a big difference. We ended up way off path but did make it to a couple of hoodoos. Would like to try this again with a map to follow.

Really nice hike, beautiful views of Abraham lake and the Rockies. Easy trail to follow to the hoodoos. To the caves past the hoodoos, follow the creek directly a ways and look up to your right. Cool cave, bring a light. Busy enough that you don't feel alone but not too busy.

Not for young kids. I'd say 8+. Decent little hike.

This hike was pretty disappointing. It is very unmarked and I got lost numerous times and I could not find the Caves. I ran it's a few people who said the same thing. My dog and I made an adventure out of it anyways and there were some good views. However, there are better hikes to do in the area that are more worth the time in my opinion!

Awesome hike, make sure you visit the caves.

Saturday, August 06, 2016