Highwood Ridge & Grizzly Col

Highwood Ridge & Grizzly Col is a 6.4 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.4 km
851 m

Tried to do Pocaterra Ridge and ended up doing this hike and it was quite difficult, a beautiful view but definitely quite a scramble

Hardest hike I’ve done. Not to busy which was good . Views ok nothing special. Won’t do again but happy I did it.

went up at 8pm...on top for dusk was amazing.. on the way down with the various trails and limited visibility got stranded on the mountian side...waited for the sun to rise again around 430 am...shivering with a friend...amazing stars, best I ever seen.

this trail was worth it...the beautiful alpine meadows and flowers the golf course green meadows and mountian sides ...so amazing

Great time of year to do this hike! This is only the third hike we’ve done and we managed. I would recommend proper footwear but I made it work in runners. Beautiful views at the top and we saw big horned sheep down in the valley.

A fun hike. It was the first snow of the season the day that we did this hike, which was only a small inconvenience. There are a couple forks in the trail to navigate at the beginning of the route.

5 stars because it is a clear trail, and traffic was quite light. We even saw some big horned sheep.

Honestly, one of the most gorgeous views I have seen in a while. While the hike up to the ridge is steep, if you take your time and have the proper footwear it’s doable and definitely worth it.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Located at the highest point of the Highwood Pass, this is a great hike with constant panorama's. Get there early, can get busy. Scree slope is insane but a good challenge. DO IT! Only accessable from June to September.

Monday, July 03, 2017