Heart Creek Bunker

Heart Creek Bunker is a 4.2 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bighorn No. 8, Alberta, Canada that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.2 km
248 m

historic site

This trail leads to an abandoned cold war bunker.

It’s a easy walk to get there. I went there today and didn’t see anyone. If you want to see something bring as much flashlight as you can! I was alone and I couldn’t see that much with only one flashlight.. I’d say to go during the week if you want it to be quiet :)

Short and easy hike to the bunker. Cool experience, especially considering the Canadian History during the Cold War era.
Flashlights or headlamps required. Recommended during non peak traffic times as screaming children blowing air horns can take away from the experience :)

Great hike to the bunker! Lots of up hill but worth it. Bring a flashlight for sure if you want to explore the bunker as it’s pitch black dark. We used our cell phone lights but they weren’t bright enough. We will be going back again with bright flashlights to explore deeper.