Ha Ling Trail to Ha Ling Peak

Ha Ling Trail to Ha Ling Peak is a 5.8 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Canmore, Alberta, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

5.8 km
789 m

Compared to EEOR, I found this hike to be quite easy. It's quite steep on the way up and we saw a lot of people with hiking poles, but it wasn't absolutely necessary to have them. There was no scrambling involved and for the most part, the path was quite easy. (Probably because it's so heavily trafficked). We went in the morning on a Wednesday and it wasn't busy at all. Just a few people here and there. It's a fun workout for a rewarding view. We kinda jogged some of the way down, so it only took us max 45 minutes to get to the bottom. Was a super fun hike and there were people of all ages on the trail!

Good hiking boots and poles are a must for this hike.

Short hike - less than 2 hours to the top (and I'm a 51 yr old moderately active female ☺) but it's relentlessly uphill the whole way with few switchbacks -- the ones you get are very short. Be prepared for a grueling workout both up and down. Took 1.5 hrs to get down as well. Make sure your shoes have good grip! Highly recommend 2 walking sticks as well.

was an awesome hike! amazing view on the very top and a good workout to get up there :) definitely recommend it with good shoes and enough to drink.

Beautiful views, worth the trek.

I found it to be a hard climb but worth it once you get to the top.

A pretty strenuous hike, not for the faint of heart. It's relatively short compared to some other hikes I've done, but it's a lot altitude to gain. The view from the top is spectacular! Highly recommend hiking boots and poles.

My favourite local hike. A nice mix of physical and mental challenge. Amazing view from the peak! See a nice mix of all ages and people on the trail. Doable for anyone with a little determination. Trail easy to follow.

Due to circumstances, we went much later in the day, starting at 2pm, and I would not recommend starting at that time, on a holiday weekend. I had much frustration during the hike because the hike was *so busy* I would've enjoyed it if it wasn't so busy. On the way down, we passed almost no one and it was much better. We made it without hiking poles, but I had good hiking shoes, and I think the good grip on the hiking shoes was so helpful. I think everyone slipped and fell at least once on the way down, since we didn't have poles. So, I would recommend poles *and* gloves, only because when I slipped and caught myself, I scrapped my hand.

Nice but busy