Grotto Canyon Trail

Grotto Canyon Trail is a 4.0 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bighorn No 8, Alberta, Canada that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and rock climbing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4 km
275 m

rock climbing

historic site

25 minutes ago

Fantastic beginner hike for my 4 yr old twins. The rocks and little creek made it worth of for the kids. The unique look of the canyon and the pictograms made it for the adults!

Great trail, but very busy, too. Awesome for kids and dogs. Basically walking on rocks all the way so make sure you have some decent shoes. A little bit of scrambling at the end to get closer to the waterfall, but even our dogs managed to make it.

This is a fairly easy hike with lots to offer - the pictographs, a refreshing little waterfall, an inuksuk "city", and a cave in which I enjoyed watching people attempt the steep climb up and slide down. I tried myself but turned around pretty quickly as I am just about 6 months pregnant! It's much steeper than it looks! All in all, a very eventful hike.

Easy, nice views, cool on a hot day. Go early to avoid lots of traffic.

Very beautiful walk, the scenery through the canyon walls and at the top are beautiful!

Have done this one twice this year so far! The second time I went on a weekday and it was much less busy & way more enjoyable! A little tough for my small puppy but she was a trooper climbing over all the rocks! This hike is easy and has beautiful views of rocks and! I would recommend this one for anyone who wants to bring children or is not very experienced. Oh and I found the pictographs this time around, easy to miss so I was glad to have taken the time to track them down!