Grassi Lakes Trail

Grassi Lakes Trail is a 3.2 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Canmore, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.2 km
232 m

fly fishing

Trail still closed from bear activity. Aug 16

Trail remains closed due to bear activity August 14th.

Trail was closed due to bear activity August 7th 2017

Fun hike for sure.

Fun hike!

Great hike for a young family! Very busy trail which can slow you down. Watching the climbing on the rock wall at the top is entertaining. My oldest son and I found some fun at the top by scrambling up the scree on the far side of the wall to the top.

A very enjoyable hike, even though it was on Canada Day afternoon when my wife and I thought everyone would be celebrating in Canmore: wrong! Everyone, including grandma, showed up! Good, well-packed, wide path and a steady uphill climb. Beautiful emerald green and blue "lakes" at the top with lovely waterfalls! I'd give it a "5" on a weekday!

A great hike for beginners, this trail offers a hard and easy way up. I prefer the hard path since it is an easier trail. There are some great views of Canmore, a waterfall, and of course the Lakes towards the top of the trail. The trail is usually pretty busy in the summer months when I've gone.

I also recommend you check out the lake below the parking area for some fantastic photo opportunities. (Locals paddle board sometimes in the lake below the trail and towards the top of the trail you can usually find local Rock Climbers.)

Views of the town are alright. the pond is the highlight.
definitely an easy hike.