Glenbow Ranch Trails is a 9.3 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rocky View No 44, Alberta, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9.3 km
222 m

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

The only public access point to Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park is from Glenbow Road, off of Highway #1A. From our main parking lot, follow the signs and pathways to the Visitor Centre or one of the map kiosks.

My friend and I did these trails today. I must say these views are amazing!!!

Very beautiful with the colors of the trees! Loved it!

Great hike and beautiful scenery!

Perfect day great trails!

I do these trails several times a year with my dog, recommend early start as can get hot in summer months (limited shade on path and no water supply unless down near the river - so bring enough). always lots of entertaining prairie dogs and saw a young moose at the cochrane end a couple of months ago...

I have walked here a couple of times and really enjoy it. There are some great views of the river, Rockies and the town of Cochrane. Some paved and some crushed gravel trails with some decent hills to conquer. There are interpretive trails telling you about the history of the area and a neat old chimney from one of the first settlers. The park is close to home and even when the parking lot seems busy I didn’t find the trails crowded at all. I’ll definitely head here again!

Awesome trails! Not too many people, quiet, nice scenery and lots of trails to do

Great hike close to the city. Make sure you check out McKays ice cream in Cochrane....the choice is incredible!!

Beautiful area for hiking. Lots of opportunities to put some mileage on your hiking shoes! I’d recommend carrying crampons in the winter, as there can be icy patches throughout the ranch’s trails. I’ve never been here in all the time I’ve lived in Calgary, but I’ve used it 3 days in a row, and logged 35 kilometres! I can’t wait to see it in the summer, and the river has thawed!

Great trail system close to home, great biking and hiking opportunities. Great views of the river and railway... Depending on the time of year you'll also see the cows grazing in the fields.

Was a nice walk, groomed and paved trails. Dog friendly. Not my cup of tea but was nice afternoon outing.

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

I love running the path along the stream to see the grandfather tree and looping back to hit the hill. Great place for trail running

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

this is great views from the top and a good workout!

Saturday, September 09, 2017

All paved trails, great for relaxing walking or easy biking.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Did this with my daughters and our dog over the weekend. It was a nice walk with a few small elevation changes with most of the change as you leave / come back to the trail head / parking lot. Kid and dog friendly with nice views of the countryside and the mountains if on a clear day.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Beautiful but hot and wide open.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Trails are nice but partly closed due to some cattle guy who drives down the path FAST with his caste trailer without any regard for bikers WTF?

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Monday, May 15, 2017

nice hike but confusing because we couldn't see signs to find trails that weren't paved. beautiful view at the store!

Friday, May 05, 2017

Great set of trails 15 mins west of the city. Best in spring or fall or early morning or evening in the summer. Our fave place for an evening hike for those looong days of summer. Little shade during hot summer days, and NO water sources. Always something different each season. Still a working ranch so some trails may be closed on different days.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Just took my two dogs with my sister, awesome trail, lots of up and down. Took us about 2 hours to do the longer trail and loop around. Great little hike if you don't have the whole day to be out! Went on a whim and did not wear the proper attire but there is a paved path as well as the trail.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Very very busy trail.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

nice well maintained!
nice views - good options for various trails loops of different difficulty.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

beautiful

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

I enjoyed this one a lot - such pretty habitat in full autumn splendour. A good moderate work out. There are mo water taps, so don't forget your bottle!

Friday, September 16, 2016

Not impressed

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Very pretty landscape. Mountains, prairies, cattle, CP rail trains, River, trees, wild life… Pretty much everything Alberta has to offer all in one spot. Pathways are all gravel or paved so I would describe it as more of a walk than a hike.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016