Galatea Lakes Trail to Guinn's Pass, Ribbon Creek, and Kovach Trail is a 24.9 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Kananaskis Improvement District, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, birding, and backpacking and is best used from April until September.

24.9 km
1,232 m
Point to Point

Best done with two nights but can be done with one or even three. Lillian lake, Ribbon lake and Ribbon falls are all great campsites. Plenty of opportunities to extend or shorten trip.

I did this hike last week with my friend, Shahram. Started from Galatea parking at about 7:30 a.m. Hiked up to Lillian Lake that has a campsite and then toward lower Galatea Lake. The new trail to Guinn Pass is awesome. They did a great job and you can reach the pass with no issue.
We headed down toward Ribbon Lake and Ribbon Fall (both have campsites). Ribbon Lake campsite has about 20 spots with lots of firewood and benches for night gatherings. There is a cliff between lake and fall that has chain to climb up and down. Ribbon Fall is beautiful! We had lunch there and headed back to Allan Parking.
Strongly recommend this hike, however you better to have two cars otherwise you have to hike back to Galatea Parking. We were lucky some gave us ride half the way back to the start point.

Nice hike but busy

Beautiful! Did it with the fam, suitable for many skill levels

Monday, October 23, 2017

I did this in winter, and wish I had brought my snow shoes. Will do it again.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

This was my first backpacking trip so it's been a number of years since I've done it, however this was a great overnighter. We did this one in reverse to what it says here on AllTrails. We trekked starting at the Ribbon Creek side which is flat and straightforward for the majority of it until you get to a cliff wall. You use chains to assist you up the wall and then you can continue onward to Ribbon Lake. We spent a night here and then continued down through beautiful Guinn's Pass, down to the end of Galatea Lakes Trail off of Highway 40. Guinn's pass was tiring going down, but worth it for the views.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

trail was snowy and icy towards the top.

Sunday, September 03, 2017