Galatea Creek To Lillian Lake

Galatea Creek To Lillian Lake is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kovach, Alberta, Canada and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from June until September.

Easy to moderate up to Lillian Lake. After that it gets quite steep but the extra effort is well worth it as the views and lakes are stunning.

Picturesque nearly the entire way with at least seven bridges, fantastical forest and rushing water.

Lillian Lake is serene and a nice place for a snack. The campground is located here with many amenities, although you need to book with Parks Alberta first.

Through campsite 11 you will gain access for the final ascent to Upper and Lower Galatea Lake. These are located above the treeline and a slight scramble in some places over rocks and boulders.

Free parking is available. Outhouses in the parking lot. Check the Alberta Parks website to ensure the trail is open.

A lovely winter hike if you're equipped, as well.

Took us about 6 hours return.

I highly recommend - to date, this is my favourite hike.

Great hike, the deep snow and ice made it a bit more challenging than it is in the summer.

Loved loved loved this one! Quite easy, long and wonderful. We didnt make it all the way up to the lake because it was icy and we were with my mother in law, but i would definitely finish it in the summer and climb all the way up!

really enjoyed this hike

Great work out! Interesting trail with many bridge crossings, mostly forested and shaded from the sun. Steady ascend with several steep sections. Beautiful view at Lilian Lake.

Also continued hiking up to the first Galatea Lake. It was steep and rocky. We could see the lake behind the trees, the color was amazing. Due to lack of time, we didn't try hard to find a way down to the shore, but returned instead.

Really enjoyed this hike a couple of years ago, nice hike, good day out.

Not the best views on the way up and not enough signs. Good way to spend your day though.

nice steady hike, beautiful streams

Excellent views. mostly gradual pitch with some steeper sections. Scree between Lilian and Galatea is easily traversed.

Such a great hike up to the campsites. Good first day hike with heavy overnight packs. Was the only two people in the campsites and the new tent platforms look good.

We did this last Thanksgiving at I'm glad we did ! Another exceptional hike that has everything. I would recommend going beyond Lillian Lake to the upper Galatea Lakes.

The hike in to Lillian lake is pretty easy going with a constant flow of moderate inclines hugging the banks of the river and only a couple of steeper sections to tackle closer to the lake. I would say that it's a bit longer than trail maps and books would have you believe as the detours due to flood damage certainly add up and I could see a kilometre may be accounted for at the end. After a night at Lillian lake backcountry campground we woke up at 5am to make some coffee for our flask and hiked up the final, steeper and more challenging section to the Galatea lakes to catch the sunrise. It was mind blowing how beautiful it was up there. This is a phenomenal hike that everyone should put on their bucket list and I can't recommend doing it first thing in the morning highly enough.

Great hike with steady moderate incline, only a few steep parts. The trail follows a creek between two mountains, that leads to a nice small lake. Not a lot of gorgeous views, mostly in the bush, but a couple cool ridges. Went on Saturday on a long weekend, had people for sure but not crazy busy like I was expecting.