Fullerton Loop Trail

Fullerton Loop Trail is a 6.9 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.9 km
239 m

We love doing this hike at least once a year. Its fairly easy and has some pretty views. Nothing spectacular but its a lovely half day hike!

Lovely trail about 6k in length with beautiful wildflowers in June and early July.

Hard to rate this one. If you are looking for a relatively easy, nice hike then this is good for you. If you want a challenge and a good climb, then not for you. Well marked trail and lots of room to move, and you will need it because it is a busy trail. Get there no later than 9 if you want a quiet hike. Go counter clockwise and enjoy the view near the end of your hike.

Did this for the first time this last weekend and did the trail in reverse. For a more intense climb I recommend doing this in reverse (clockwise) however no reward at the end (views on the Ridge side that would be the reward if done going the posted way (counter clockwise). On the Ridge side there are a few locations for great Insta photos. Lots of trail side benches to rest. The trail is quite wide so easy to allow room for folks coming in opposite directions. The slope is steep down on the Ridge side (walking counter clockwise) and there is some erosion close to the bottom but nothing too serious.
This is a popular trail on weekends so not recommended for those seeking to not run into another human being.
I'd recommend this trail for families (ages 7+), beginner hikers and those wanting a quick hike on a jammed day or weekend as this can be done in a short period of time. I think smaller kids would either get bored or run out of steam but each kid is unique so parents discretion on that one. Nothing is super hard or technical on this hike, an instant gratification, confidence building hike.

Lots of people out on the trail. We got the hard part out of the way first and went clockwise... thankfully or else would have been longer more gradual climb.

We went with our youth group and everyone enjoyed a beautiful

Fullerton Loop Trail was a great hike with great views. Perfect length, and a short drive from the city. I noticed there is a lot of what looks to be Cow Parsnip so be careful. Overall great hike and enjoyable.

Great little hike!

Great way to spend a hot July afternoon, my dog Madison loved swimming in the water across the road from the parking lot after a good walk.

Have not been hiking in 8 years. Was a little challenging, but still great!

nice hike, not too hard, beautiful views!

Challenging hike if you aren’t used to quick elevation gain. Compared to other hikes I’ve done, the views were mediocre but lots of pretty wild flowers. If you want an easier hike, go clockwise on the trail. For a much more difficult hike, go counterclockwise. Overall had fun and great hike to condition with and my dog easily walked this hike too

Beautiful views! I enjoyed the changing scenery, various levels of incline and had the joy of seeing several deer throughout the morning. I would it again!

Difficult for this beginner so it took us longer than most reported here. Beautiful scenery. I think we took the more difficult route by taking the left fork up the stairs. It was much steeper and longer than staying to the right.

Took us 3.5 hours with our child and dog. Amazing views. Only complaint was it was quite congested on the Saturday we went.

Good walk

Nice easy trail to follow, nice views of the valley

Perfect afternoon hike at Fullerton. My calves got a great workout with the mini hill climbing on the one side of the loop and a nice gentle downward walk on the other side of loop.
lots of folks out with their dogs. clean and friendly experience with great view s.

Hiked June 20th , doable for beginners like me.Nice and shaded trail.Awesome view at the top.Took us 1hr and 30 mins to complete the loop.

It was a nice hike with the steep section on the left side & the best view point along this section also. It took me one hour and 34 minutes to complete the hike at a walking pace.

One of the best quick hikes close to Bragg Creek. Nice variety.

Great little hike to do with kids. mine are 7yrs and 9 yrs old. nice view at the top/middle of the trail.
then we had a picnic and skipped stones across the street afterwards.

Love this hike, do it every year.Take the ‘stairs’ on the left heading up, its a better climb. Even saw an owl this time!

Good hike. Counter clockwise is best way to go.

Awesome family hike!

love it....long gentle up
fast steeper down

First hike of the season. It was gorgeous, paths were fab!

Easy first of season hike with nice views that is good for trail runners.

Hiked on May 5th. seems to be an old logging road so wide and fairly hard for most of it's runn. Only 2 snow patches to speak of... one 25 feet long and easily walked around. the other was a bit longer. neither was an obdtacle. Did the route ccw and it was more gradual but left all the great views to the last quarter. Took my 10 year old and did the loop in 90 minutes without hurrying. quite busy... people every 5 minutes or so. Most were in shorts and runners making me feel overdressed!