Fullerton Loop Trail is a 6.9 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Kananaskis Improvement, Alberta, Canada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.9 km Elevation Gain: 239 m Route Type: Loop

Nice and mellow evening stroll.

Minor mud in the beginning. Solo parented a toddler in 3 wheel stroller. No to difficult. Running shoe easy.

Some areas very a little muddy but you could get around easily.

Dry, and not busy. Great for a mid week quicky.

Awesome hike, some parts are a little muddy but nothing you can’t get through or go around :) my boys are 7&8 and they managed it but we’re tired towards the end, beautiful trees and scenery!

Very busy and muddy

Hiked it May 16. Relatively easy, some muddy portions with unmelted snow, but nothing treacherous. Nice view at top. Get there early as parking lot fills up very quickly

Great trail for starters and family. Some areas were a bit muddy but niftiness can do the trick. The trail get’s crowded from 930pm onwards so I highly suggest start the hike early. We came at around 8am and we were finished by 930. As we were descending, crowds started to flock. Parking lot was full too!

Great trail! Very family friendly! Hiked it clockwise, found that side a bit steeper! Well trafficked trail!

Went May 30 after two solid days of rain. It was muddy but very manageable with our hiking boots.

May 24. Easy hike. Multiple sections were muddy but not deep. Came around noon. Parking was crowded. Wide trail crowded at times. Drive through Bragg Creek was slow due to stop signs!

May 1

The trail conditions were good however it had some muddy spots. Enjoyed the hike, had a good distance and it’s very doable.

beautiful trail. we have a younger puppy & it was perfect to take them for the first time & great views. some sunshine & then some wooded areas. great for families & dogs. a few muddy spots, but nothing to worry about as you can easily walk around them. :)

Beautiful mild hike. 1.5 hours return without stopping. Started at 10am. Only a few parking spots left. Very busy by 10 am and hard to social distance at times. Very muddy, make sure you wear the proper shoes! (it rained there for the past 3 days).

Always a great trail with kids. We had children aged 5-12 and a dog along for the hike. Lots of muddy areas but you can skirt most of them in the trees.

I love this trail for an easy 1.5 hour walk. Trails are wide so I was able to get around slower people and families. I just wish it was less busy. A few muddy spots but nothing too bad.

May 23- Loooved this trail! I typically avoid “popular” hikes but since I’m a female going solo and the weather was kinda crappy I decided to go for it. First of all I ran it in about an hour (I’m very new to trail running). I went counter clockwise which I would switch up because I walk up most of the elevation change and the view is amazing if I had gone clockwise (up the stairs at the fork) Best view I’ve seen in a while in the area. The trail was wide so you had a lot of room to be away from others while passing. It was muddy which was a lot of fun- plan to get dirty and you won’t be disappointed! The landscape was changing constantly and I loved that there were rivers along the path for a nice chunk of the trail. I did see a black bear but it wasn’t bothered by me at all. Bring bear spray. I keep a bear bell in my running pack to make some noise too. I will be back to do this. I plan on running this monthly to track my progress with trail running because I loved it so much. So much reward for a little bit of work.

took the dogs and family up there. some amazing views, a bit muddy at spots but quite enjoyed it. not to difficult as I have a healing broken leg and made it with little problems

icy

Did this hike on Monday of May long. Arrived around 1pm - parking lot had spots still. Bathrooms were accessible and there was toilet paper and hand sanitizer. Trail was mainly dry, but did run into a couple of stretches of mud and ice. Went up the left side and came down the right. Would recommend people with small children to head up the right as the incline is a bit better than going left. Lots of space to physically distance on the trails. Overall, it was a good first hike given the current circumstances.

icy

Did this hike on the holiday Monday - arrived in the parking lot by 10am. Really enjoyed the hike with my 8 and 6 year olds. Some icy and muddy patches, but not bad for a spring hike. Saw a big moose run past us!!

Busy place, went later on, 4pm - no issues social distancing. A bit muddy but nothing crazy. Go counter clockwise for an easier ascent if that’s your preference.

Ahhhhh! Arrived at the parking lot just before 10:00 holiday Monday, lot was filling up. Note: only one toilet open, bring your own tp and sanitizer. Trail is wide enough all the way that no one should be worried about not leaving enough distance. I hiked alone, trail had a good number of people on it, but I always had a lot of space, solitude. Beautiful, clear day. There is just a bit of mud and a couple icy patches, no big deal. I took the counterclockwise route as some suggest, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I hiked this trail May 17 2020. When I arrived around 9:15 the trail and parking lot was already really busy, by the time I left around 12:30 the trail coming out of the hike was SWAMPED with people. Fullerton Trail loop only took about an hour and a quarter to hike. It was easy enough and short enough that I also included a portion of Shagmore and Iron Trail to the day, all total I hiked 8 miles within 3 hours. They were all similar in difficulty. The trail was a little muddy in parts but it was getting drier as the day went on. If the weather holds, there will be little to no mud in a weeks time (pending no rain). All in all a nice easy hike to start the season off. A nice trail, but being right next to the road for a great deal of the hike you can consistently hear traffic, and many of the viewpoints involve looking at the highway.

Got there around 10:30 AM today. I’d suggest getting there earlier if you want a parking spot. Lots of people that don’t understand social distancing. Right side of the trail is really muddy in some spots, but nothing to bad. I’d suggest going up the left and coming down on the right.