Fescue Trail

Fescue Trail is a 5.0 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Otter, Alberta, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

5 km
156 m

While there are no fees for trail users, it is requested that all users register at the trailhead. Fescue Trail is a self-guided interpretive trail through the conservation area. Bicycles, xc-skiing and dogs are not permitted.

We haven't done this hike in a few years but plan on going back. I've done it several times. The last time I went was with my sons, who were ages 4 and 6 at the time. Great hike for them. We went in the fall and it was perfect. Forested, beautiful meadows, great views.

Another great trail, close to home and so pretty!

We hiked the fescue loop today. Saw quite a few mule deer, bugs and birds. Bathroom stops along the way which was nice. A pretty easy 5km through the Alberta grasslands (although you're basically walking through a cut path surrounded constantly by cow poop). A few little steep parts but nothing too challenging.