East End Of Rundle (EEOR) is a 5.6 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Canmore, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.6 km Elevation Gain: 877 m Route Type: Out & Back

Caution: Rocks may fall from higher up on the trail as people are scrambling, be cautious and courteous to other hikers. This trail offers beautiful views the entire way up. It is definitely a steep and strenuous hike, with a few portions where you’ll need to use your hands. In some seasons be prepared for large quantities of snow and icy conditions at the top. Micro spikes, crampons and hiking poles highly recommended.

Great hike and amazing views! Almost all the snow has melted. Please note that this is NOT a beginners hike. Come prepared with proper hiking footwear, proper and extra clothing and jackets (the weather can change in a second on top of a mountain), bear spray, lots of water and food and I recommend poles.. they are life changers! It was absolutely ridiculous how many people we saw hiking in nike sneakers, jean short shorts and crop tops with a very small backpack or nothing at all. For the safety of yourself and others, please be prepared for anything.. hiking can be extremely dangerous. This hike had a lot of scree slopes, cliffs, and slippery rocky sections.. we saw so many people slipping and falling and looking hurt, dirty, and miserable. Good hiking shoes are life savers and worth every penny!! Also, be careful of hikers below you and if you loosen a rock please yell “rock!”.. we almost had a rock hit us near the top from hikers above who took the wrong route! Also, please stop littering!! We picked up half a dozen nasty Kleenex and even a plastic glove.. pack out what you pack in!! End rant... Enjoy the amazing hike but please be courteous of others, yourself, and the environment! :)

Good conditions today !!! Not much snow to speak of on it! There is road construction now above Canmore so depending when you go can cause a bit slower trip up!!!

Did this hike with my girlfriends and we’re all novice hikers but athletic. It was a dusty challenge that required a lot of focus but the view was breath taking and worth the hike. I wouldn’t recommend this to first time hikers. Definitely wear proper hiking boots and go earlier in the day to beat the heat and the crowds.

What a grind! First time up EEOR and I can’t see it being my last. So many different variables on this hike. The rapid elevation gain along with ever changing terrain it’s a challenge for the body and the mind. This is NOT a beginner hike. I was shocked to see many people ascending with sneakers when we were headed down. I would strongly recommend proper footwear along with poles. If you like to scramble and free climb this is a great hike from about mid mountain to warm up on smaller stuff. When you hit the top to the summit the scramble is intense. Today for me I found it extremely challenging. It was raining which made the rocks slick so that was less then ideal. Moving time 2:47 total hike 3:05. No wildlife seen today. Was starting to rain heavily on the way down which made the descent challenging and eventually I fell a few times which was painful on the ass lol. Started the hike at 8 am and glad we did as it was busy when we decended from the summit and we missed most of the heavy rain. Amazing hike !

Challenging hike . Brings lots of water and proper footwear. It took us 5 hours return. We lost the trail on the way down so we ended up coming out of the woods in the Goat trail parking lot from the trail head.

This trail is not for the novice hiker and not for the faint of heart. Some steep scrambling and a rocky section that tests your tolerance for heights - fun and challenging hike. Bring LOTS of water, sunscreen and proper footwear. It took us about 4 hours return. We lost the trail on the way down so ended up coming out of the woods about 1km from the trail head. Super busy today - May 30th.

great leg burner, trail was super busy today. Lots of large rocky areas that require some climbing. Definitely recommend hiking boots for this one.

I’m a medium age, medium fitness guy 1.5 hours up 1 down. I would recommend poles, lots of scree in top 1/4th of the hike. That may play into your decision on a dog for summitting. If you do I would stay climbers right as it seems to be most mellow path. Small amount of snow left on left area as well.

Great views all the way and especially at the top. However don’t be like me, don’t use this as your first ever real hike and if you do, don’t bring one 500ml water bottle. Bring a backpack with several waters, gatorades, and snacks. Then you won’t be crawling on your butt down the last 2kms of the mountain

Late May and there was almost no snow (except for near the top but it wasn’t obstructing the trail). Great views of the surrounding lakes, Canmore, and Ha Ling peak. A bit congested if you’re concerned about physical distancing during covid. Near the top be prepared for scrambles and screes, it’s a bit scary on the way down but doable. Sturdy hiking shoes a must. During the summit push, go as far right as possible to avoid going straight up the scree path. Also, it’s really easy to lose the trail on the way down, we definitely didn’t go down the way we came up.

Steady climb up - would not recommend for beginners. Appropriate foot wear would be suggested. Views are worth it. As per previous comments, it’s easy to get off trail especially on the way down

Super fun hike. Pretty good incline all the way up but worth the view!

2nd outing to EEOR; first time in the winter and this time in a dry condition. It was a beautiful day to be out hiking (20 degrees)! If physical distancing is something you’re concerned with, perhaps best to avoid this trail, as it was fully packed. I didn't use any of my winter gear.

Hiked it today, practically no snow until the end near the peak. Near the top it gets into a trickier scramble. Highly recommend it for a fun easy day hike. It’s better in the morning as it’s cooler and less busy and than hot on the top by the time you reach it.

Hiked this yesterday with my dog; not sure I recommend the dog part. Spectacular views, lots of scrambling and easy to lose the actual trail. Going up much easier than coming down with a large dog. Steep decline, loose rocks and again easy to lose the trail. The view still made it worth it. Not for the novice hiker in my opinion.

Started hiking at 3am for the sunrise. It was definitely worth it but the trail was extremely difficult. Straight up the whole way and even on the way down with the sun it was difficult to keep to the trail. We lost the trail many times on the way up as it splits. Basically just keep climbing and you’ll reach the top. Took us 2 hours.