East End Of Rundle (Eeor)

East End Of Rundle (Eeor) is a 5.8 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Canmore, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5.8 km
870 m

Great view - poles would be good for the way down. Steep and hard on the knees but a great hike.

Well worth the hike up. Just make sure to wear proper shoes. Trickier than “Ha Ling” in my opinion and just as rewarding. I will come back for sure

Was there today! lovely hike with nice flat summit to have lunch at. Would recommend trekking poles for the way down.

amazing view though!

Just did this hike 3 days ago. Extraordinary views......worth the pain I still have today.

Technical hike! Steep, but a good one! Poles definitely recommended

Great medium length hike, a steady incline throughout. Poles are really helpful for descending. You can stop at the cliff lookout on the right or head to the highest peak - a 25 min scramble. 360 degree view at the top is incredible!

Best views i have seen in canada so far. It is little bit more difficult than lady mac or ha ling, but totally worth it. We used the right climbing path to get to the top and the left gravel path to go down. That part wasnt easy because it was very slippery, but everyone can make it :)

Stunning views from the top. Pretty much a grind the whole way up. Bring your poles and watch out for slippery rocks. Many trails to get down. Weather can change.

Amazing hike, amazing views!

Holy moly. Starts in a incline and stays in a incline. Its definitely challenging and made me realize how out of shape i am. Theres multiple bluff that could be considered summit and you think you’re there and then come around a corner and your far from it. Beautiful views but a challenging incline. Top 2km is a 90 degree incline and all scramble.

If you’re in shape it’s not trouble at all! As you reach a flat part and emerge from the trees, you can see the top. There you get to decide if you will go right to scramble or left to take a steep incline up. If you’re not afraid of heights, I’d do the scramble up as you get through more elevation faster (and it’s fun). I scrambled up and took the trail down and felt good about the path I took.

Definitely challenging and amazing views. Must have confidence and be comfortable with scrambling on rock to get to the top and tough to come back down, but worth it! About 4.5-5.5 round trip

NOT for beginners!! trail can be diffucult to follow, was quite busy and can be slippery with loose rock. However- the views are worth everu sore muscle!! Wow!!

Did this hike once last summer and was my favourite hike of the year, I loved the trail finding and climbing over the big boulders. The view from ‘The Bench’ just below the summit was incredible. Today we summited the mountain and it totally kicked my ass! Positive mental attitude is definitely required for this one.

I really really enjoyed this hike. I picked it for my first solo hike as my biggest concern was losing the trail while alone and I got the sense there would be lots of traffic to help keep me on track. There was and it was really enjoyable with awesome views. I'd call it moderate difficulty as it seemed a lot easier than grizzly peak or heart mountain. I think based on distance mostly. Loved it

Loved this hike! Super technical, need to have good balance and able to climb some rocks but stunning views. Steady incline the whole way up with lots of loose gravel. Difficult to keep on the trail - watch for blue dots, ribbons and stone inukshuks to keep you on track.

Perhaps my favourite hike in the Canmore area - challenging, but not overly difficult, and absolutely gorgeous views of Ha Ling and the valley.

A quick yet challenging and incredibly rewarding hike. Please wear appropriate hiking boots. I have seen too many people try and tackle this hike in runners and I highly recommend against that for safety reasons. Have fun but more importantly, respect nature and BE SAFE. Happy hiking :)

The first 1/3 was fairly doable and exciting. A little scrambling was needed. The second 1/3 was gravel fields and we somewhat lost the trail as it wasn't marked (try to stay somewhat right). On our way back we saw the "trail" but it was still very loose and difficult. We didn't do the last 1/3 as the gravel field wore us out too much. I think the trail is doable when you find your way through the gravel and you need to be in shape a little. I would also recommend good hiking boots and poles.

did this on Sunday- great views the whole way up as a lot more exposed than ha ling. A lot of scrambling but manageable- we had 2 dogs and they loved it!

This was a really fun hike! Definitely hard but worth the view. My friend and I are both decent hikers but I didn't have proper hiking boots (just wore nikes) and neither of us had poles. They would've helped on the way down but it wasn't awful. Total took us 4 hours round trip including sitting and taking in the view. At the top, I over heard a few people saying that their 3.5 hours was good time so I don't know what trial they followed.
Lots of scrambling, scree, and wind. Its best not to be afraid of heights since you're pretty much on the side of the mountain at some points.

This is a hard scramble , well it was for me and my friend , it was not impossible but it was definitely difficult. You will definitely need hiking poles and actual hiking boots for this hike ( neither of which we had ) . The hike ended up being a total of 8 hours + plus getting a little lost Better to go in big groups for more motivation. Last scramble was definitely the hardest but we made it to the top.
we did take some lovely pictures along the way though instagram.com/morountodun

Finished the hike May 19, 2018. Great half day hike. Less busy than it’s neighbour Ha Ling. Took us 2.5 hrs on the way up with plenty of photo ops during the incline. Great view of Ha Ling! Easy scramble sections on the lower half. Last 1.5 km has more difficult scrambling sections, but worth the view. Took our time coming down. Round trip time was 4.5 hrs with a good 45 minute lunch at the summit and plenty of stops for photos. Still some snowy and wet spots that can make it a bit slippery but nothing to deter you from making the trip. Plus snow makes for great glissading on the way down! Lots of dogs on the trail but we left ours at home. Would be tough to lift and strap our guy in on some scrambling and scree sections near the top. Only saw one made it to the summit, most stopped at the lower plateau.

I completed this on the 12th May 2018 with two friends, all of us in reasonable shape. It took us about 4 hours in total, and we had a lot of time stopped to enjoy the view. We also didn't use any additional equipment such as poles or crampons. The trail itself is fairly well marked, with little blue squares on the exposed rock elements to point you in the right direction, and its also pretty heavily trafficked. There are several steep sections before you clear the treeline, and some of them you will need to scramble on. This trail offers a great view of Ha Ling Peak, and both the Bow and Spray Valleys. Approaching the summit, it turns into a more difficult scramble, which can be a little dangerous with lots of people dislodging rocks down. Go carefully, watch your footing, and don't be afraid to let people overtake or pass you. At the summit, you can see an interesting view of Mt. Rundle in the distance, but the better view is of Ha Ling, and you can see that pretty much after you clear the treeline. There was snow around, but not that much of it, but it was slippery due to the early season conditions. All in all, a solid little trail.

Started this hike at 330am this morning. It was beautiful, not too much snow on the trail. lots of hands on climbing. Was a lot easier then I thought from reading all the comments saying it’s a hard trail. finished around 830am we took lots of breaks to watch the sunrise.
Instagram.com/kaylaalynng

Great hike and scramble. Good early season conditions. Not much snow for early May.

A very rewarding hike with a stunning view of Ha Ling and Canmore. difficult but worth it. Ice cleats recommend as the scramble is still quite slippery

Trust the ratings when it says this trail is hard. There was a lot of scramble to get to the summit, and although we brought our dog, he could not make it to the summit, with fear he would cut the pads of his paws. I recommend bringing back up socks for the decent once you pass the snow.

This trail has no markers or set paths, so be very cautious you don't get turned around on the way down.

Goat Pond is a short drive past the start point for some easy sight seeing.

Did this one solo in mid-december was in great condition. Easy, short scramble with no technical challenges. Can be done in less than 3 hours at a decent pace. Some snow on the way to the summit but did not need cleats, however I would recommend bringing them depending on your comfort level. Going a bit off trail you can climb some fun slabs on the way to the south scree slopes. Great views of Ha Ling and Mt Lawrence Grassi to the east pretty much the whole way, especially once you reach the treeline.