Eagle Hill Trail is a 14.2 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stoney 142, 143, 144, Alberta, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

14.2 km
453 m

Forested trail leading to the top of Eagle Hill offering expansive views over the northern portion of Kananaskis Country.

I’d classify it as easy. Pretty forest views.

A friend and I did most of this trail (I believe) in combination with a couple of others in the vicinity. We didn’t see another soul until about 2, or more, hours into it. It was so peaceful. There was about a zillion mosquitoes on one part of the trail near the lake so bug spray is a must. My poor dog got eaten alive. We ended up hiking about 16 or so km and there are some decent ups and downs so the legs were feeling it by the end of the day. All in all we liked these trails and I would definitely go again.

Hiked 6/27/18 at 7am. Only person out there until 930. Flat and little marshy going out, with some ups and downs. Only real vertical is near the end. Took 2 hours out, 1.5 hours back (9 Miles). Some bugs but not crazy. Overall.... beautiful, peaceful, great views and seclusion. Saw moose, bear, dog, horse, and possible bear tracks, but no real wildlife in person except birds. Cougar warnings at trailhead but no evidence. This was a great hike; would love to hike this area again. God is good.

Great hike with great view at the end! Came back via deer ridge trail with awesome view all the way.

The trail was nice and not too much debris, just in certain areas but it was easy to bypass. The view near the end was beautiful and there wasn’t too many people on a Saturday, when we went. Saw lots of Moose droppings, so they are in the area. Thought we heard one as well, but didn’t see any.

Lots of debris on trail. Very pleasant hike. Tried Deer Ridge but still lots of snow & ice

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Nice day for this hike. Early morning venture with no one else on the trail. The trail was mostly dry and in very good shape. There is alot of tall grass in the lower areas, making some sections of the trail slightly difficult to locate. I did see a moose and later a white tail deer just off the trail, otherwise very quite (bonus for early trailhead start). I added Deer Ridge on my way back to the parking area, which was in great shape today.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Lots of flies out when we were here.
Really nice and easy trail.
I would recommend wearing long pants.
Lots of tall grass and narrow paths.
We tried to attach deer ridge on this day but an angry grouse wouldn't let us pass.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017