Eagle Hill Trail

Eagle Hill Trail is a 14.2 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stoney 142, 143, 144, Alberta, Canada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

14.2 km
453 m

Forested trail leading to the top of Eagle Hill offering expansive views over the northern portion of Kananaskis Country.

The trail was nice and not too much debris, just in certain areas but it was easy to bypass. The view near the end was beautiful and there wasn’t too many people on a Saturday, when we went. Saw lots of Moose droppings, so they are in the area. Thought we heard one as well, but didn’t see any.

Lots of debris on trail. Very pleasant hike. Tried Deer Ridge but still lots of snow & ice

Nice day for this hike. Early morning venture with no one else on the trail. The trail was mostly dry and in very good shape. There is alot of tall grass in the lower areas, making some sections of the trail slightly difficult to locate. I did see a moose and later a white tail deer just off the trail, otherwise very quite (bonus for early trailhead start). I added Deer Ridge on my way back to the parking area, which was in great shape today.

Lots of flies out when we were here.
Really nice and easy trail.
I would recommend wearing long pants.
Lots of tall grass and narrow paths.
We tried to attach deer ridge on this day but an angry grouse wouldn't let us pass.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017