Devil's Gap is a 18.0 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Municipal District of Bighorn No. 8, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 18.0 km Elevation Gain: 344 m Route Type: Out & Back

This is more of a nature walk then a hike and I would say more on the easy side of difficulty then moderate. First off DO NOT follow the directions from the map to get to the trail head. It took me deep into Waiparous in the wrong direction. I had to turn around and drive to cell reception to read directions off of Google. I also have to say I was a bit dissapointed as the photo listed on this hike is not of Devils Gap. When I got to the end of the All Trails map for this hike I was in the middle of a forest and never did I see anything like the picture suggested. Lastly this hike is 14 km in length not 18 km as listed.

was a beautiful trail. beginning of September was quite muddy from the rain while I was out. Too many people feel it is ok to leave bags of garbage along the way. path is not marked well, lost it going in. also very rocky so a hiking pole and stiff boots are a must for me. I did speak to AB and Canada parks about some cleanup. If you pack it in, pack it out!

This hike start with a river crossing. So if you don’t have a car that can go 2 feet under water (at that time June 30 2019), you will have to remove your shoes. The rest of the trail is easy offering a beautiful view on the mountains and lakes. I liked it very much!

Mon Jul 23 2018

July 22nd - closed till Aug 2, 2018 due to bears in the area. Gravel road for a few decent km so I suggest taking an SUV or truck unless you're super adventurous!

Thu Jul 07 2016