Crowsnest Mountain

Crowsnest Mountain is a 7.4 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Coleman, Alberta, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

7.4 km
1079 m

Had to backtrack somewhat in the trees as there are multiple trails in the area. Couple hundred metre scramble on scree after treeline before finding good trail. Amazing views and a good climb including a chain that was very well installed. Trail hard to see as you near the top and ended up climbing the last few metres. Incredible view at the top. Unforgettable experience.

Scariest $!"@ing hike I have ever done. Next time I'll bring a helmet, gloves and bellaclava. This was totally worth the intensity and has put every other hike I've done to shame. If it's not as hard as the crow, then it's not hard. I saw one goat, pretty cool. Oh, and I think I went the full 8 hours without thinking about my personal problems (divorce, big mortgage payments, lololol).

I strongly recommend good hiking footwear. Once through the tree line it's a large area of loose scree/rock/shale. Stay right. We did not go to the top because we lost the trail and went straight up/left from the tree line. However we did come up on 3 good size mountain goats which is rare. Will be back to do again and get to the top. Views were awesome.