Coral Creek Canyon Trail

Coral Creek Canyon Trail is a 8.0 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clearwater County, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

8 km
290 m

Easy hike, not well marked but you’ll manage. Views are amazing. On a long weekend I encountered heavy traffic. Some dogs are kept on leash (they should), some others are off. Few people on horses riding as well. It took me 1 hour to get to the top.

Well kept trail with some nice views. We had a great afternoon!! Wouldn't recommend with small children.

An ambitious extension to Coral Creek Canyon Trail, this route requires navigation skills, some bushwhacking, and very steep scree slopes. Well worth the hard work. Fossils can be found all along the ridge. 360 degree views.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

it's an easy trail with beautiful views of a canyon.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Good trail. We didn't complete the loop though. The loop trail wasn't clearly marked so we ended up continuing on the Cline River trail (it's a wider trail). Many trails branch off so this would be a fun area to explore. Due to poor trail markings and not as good of views as other trails in the area I am only giving it 3 stars. I would go again though, I would just need to check my app to make sure I take the correct turn. We took our older dog on the trail. The trail is dog friendly (and is also used as a horse trail) but you will need to bring water for your pooch! There is a small creek near the beginning of the trail and a small watering hole a little farther in but that's it for water!

Friday, June 13, 2014

This was a pleasant surprise, we took to the trail from the Coral and White Coat Waterfall trail head. With very little to no trail markers, we headed up the trail to a point where we decided to cross the creek very early in the hike. We continued straight back into the bush following the horse trails, we came another point where we had to make another choice, the trail turned to the right or went straight, again we carried on straight! Thats where we came to the Coral Canyon! Wow what a surprise as we did not read the Trail details on All Trails. We just wanted to see more so we carried on with no trail markings we made it to the only Trail Mark we found that lead us to the Coral Creek! Total in and out was 8.8Km 264M incline.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016