Coliseum Mountain

Coliseum Mountain is a 12.6 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Brazeau, Alberta, Canada that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

12.6 km
782 m

Multiple routes up! See bulletin board in car park.

Great hike ...... amazing view!!!

first hike I ever did a while back, it was great! Not a hard hike, just long. I always recommended it for beginners, gives a good taste of nature!

Took us 2.5 hours to climb to the summit and another 2 hours to hike back down to the parking lot. We went up through the forest taking the switchback trail. A strenuous incline most of the way until we crossed the rock face then mostly level trail until the ascent to the summit. A great hike!

This was an excellent hike with a gorgeous view! I'd definitely recommend and go again. Great trail to bring a dog along on.

Great hike! In & out took just over 5 hours. Pretty good altitude climb in spots, good recovery spots along the way. Beautiful views! The climb along the rock edge to get across is a great adrenaline rush and walking the ridge of the mountain is an amazing feeling.

Great day hike suitable for almost anyone. Trail well marked, easy switchbacks up, fairly level scree path along the slope, and easy path to the top! Entire hike took 5 hrs with stops along the way and a good 30 mins spent up top. Met total 10 people along the way so not over busy. Enjoyable day!

An exhausting hike with intense climb up the Mountain. Got near the top rock cliff and I changed my mind and turned around-fear set in and lack of sleep didn't help. On the way down I fell and hurt my hand-minor sprain. Mistake leaving walking poles in van!!! It took us about 3.5 hours 6.7 km. I Will I like to do again with a good nights rest before.

Lots of switchbacks make the ascent very doable. The hike along the ridge at the top is great, beautiful trail through forest and some looser rock along the side of the mountain. Took just under 2 hours to get up with quite a few short breaks. Trail is well marked and the view from the summit is awesome.

Hiked in November to see the Super Moon. Trail was dry and is easy enough to follow coming down in the dark.