Chickakoo Lake - #2

Chickakoo Lake - #2 is a 6.8 kilometer loop trail located near Parkland County, Alberta, Canada that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking.

6.8 km
164 m

Very well maintained, and moderate traffic. Kind of a posh place to hike if you ask me, but nice and easy to navigate. Beautiful scenery that changes by hike.
Keep your dog on a leash; there is commonly people horseback riding, biking, hiking, jogging, and walking their dogs. I've learned the hard way with my pup that there are lots of people around and not everyone has a friendly dog.

Beautiful. Trails are clearly marked. Nice hike with my dog. Will definitely go back.

Lovely scenery varied terrain great afternoon with our pup Rusty will go back

Picturesque. A regular stop for our family.

Beautiful Day

Great trail, very nice views. I can't imagine how beautiful this trail will be in the fall. There is a great view point that would be a really nice spot to have a picnic.

I love this trail to introduce new friends to hiking this is where we start. It is also my favourite place for testing new gear and see how it feels while going up and down hills. 20 minutes from home and great for walking the dogs. Was a little muddy from spring melt but I am not complaining.

so clearly marked and easy for any level.

Gorgeous day at Chicakoo in the fresh snow!

Very nice area to hike, cross country ski, picnic, meet people - and breath in the fresh air. I have hiked and skied the trails numerous times and enjoyed it every single time... This is my favourite place to relax and appreciate the country. Well kept trails and clean area makes it even more enjoyable. It is nice to see people using the area and keeping it clean.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Easy to get to and well maintained. I have hiked the trails of Chickacoo Lakes many times in all seasons it's a great place .

Sunday, September 04, 2016

peaceful and quiet. wonderful fall mood. fabulous trail

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Good short hike. There's different trails you can do, not just one, and some are easier than others. Horses are allowed on the trail so watch for manure. It's nice to walk by the lakes.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Nice, well kept, easy trails good for the whole family. Good place for cross country skiing or snowshoeing. Also has some picnic areas with firepit and a small park for kids.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Its a nice place for hiking for beginner

Monday, February 29, 2016

A really nice way to spend a few hours. Lots of small lakes, and beautiful birch trees. We will be back when the snow is gone to see this area in the spring and summer.

Monday, August 03, 2015

Very pleasant trails, that are well marked. Nice picnic area.

Monday, May 25, 2015

There is more than one trail there are 1,2,3,4

Monday, May 25, 2015

Exelent nice lace to go with the entire family