Cascade Amphitheatre Trail

Cascade Amphitheatre Trail is a 12.4 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Banff, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

12.4 km
987 m

I went on hiking this trail today and I ended up with a lot of frustration because of the Non Existing signaling. This is not acceptable in a National park like this one where ussualy I understand that you need to pay a fee/day of hiking. I am wondering why they ask an entrance fee???? This year was free because Canada 150. Thanks to this App I got to the starting point of the trail otherwhise I would got lost definetly. My today story is like this: In the morning I vent yo the information center where you get a flyer with the most popular trails in Banff National Park. Based on this flyer you can't find the trails itself sow I google it and I found this Awesome App. The app took me to the starting point of the trail. Here was a Sky resort where you can't find anything about this trail. I parked my car in this huge parking lot and I started walking. Nobody was here because off season but this did not stoped me to go further. I was keep walking for about an Kilometer and at some point I found a very small signage where was the direction to the actuall trail. I followed up the trail for about 3 hours in the forest. At some point was an intersection With No Signage and I had to chose one way. I chosed the wrong way of course and ended up in a huge valey after almost one hour of walking. So I came back and when I riched that intersection again I meet some people coming from the other way and I asked them how can I get to the top. They said that's the good path and there is an hour more hiking to get to the top. Sow I had to turn back because was to late and my wife was very tired and she was afraid that we will not get back in time before gets dark. This was a god decision because the sun was down when we got down. Sow thank you Banff National Park Canada that you put my life to risk and waisted my all day because of not putting any signs on the mountain.
I did many hikes back in my home country Romania but never hapent this to me. Everything there is very well signaled to not get lost on the mountain. I wanted so much to visit this park for long time ago. I payed a lot of money to get here and after this I don't want to try any other trail because I don't feel safe. I am frustrated because I came here! Sow be carefull all of you!!!!

Good, fairly hard workout. Smoky day so could not see anything down. Pay attention to the markers, especially when traversing the back side of the mountain.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Thursday, July 02, 2015

A nice walk in the wood, but no view. Not well indicated where to start. Nice only on top.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Drop down into valley from ski area and then grind your way upward on a medium incline horse trail before bearing right for a steeper wide foot path. Levels out in last stretch in a hanging valley, lake and view of the amphitheatre. 670m gain over 3.5 klm of the 5.5 trail = 5.2 average incline rating.

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Restricted access!!!! Must travel in groups of four, an bring bear spray! Beautiful hike a little challenging!