Brown Lowery Provincial Park Perimeter Loop

Brown Lowery Provincial Park Perimeter Loop is a 6.6 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kew, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

6.6 km
229 m

historic site

Beautiful

Great hike, for all fitness levels. Did parts of this hike with 3 adults and 6 kids (ages 9-5). Path (exposed tree roots) a little slippery from a light rain, but didn’t make the hike difficult. We went to the lookout and then continued on but took one the paths back rather than the full loop. Geocache on hike. Would come back for sure!!

They do not allow bikes. At all

Great Hike! Good for all ages, good signage.

A great trail for children. Flowers, raspberries, wildlife and surprises - everything you need to keep them entertained.

Beautiful non summit views with lots of shade and little elevation so perfect for toddler/baby carrying hike! the eagle viewpoint is a nice halfway/picnic place! Beautiful meadows/flowers!

Beautiful hike, not too far from Calgary. if you go early, there is hardly anyone around (gets moderately busy mid day).

Gorgeous hike with a selection of trails to take, very nice view from the lookout point bi just with the signs on the trail we marked with “ you are here” dots.

I went on August holiday. it was sunny day, but the trail has lots of shade. It is very nice and easy loop for beginner. we walked slowly around shorter route, and took 2 hours total.

This was one of my favourite hikes I’ve been on! I went with a group of friends and we all really enjoyed it! I’d do this hike every weekend if I could! 10/10 would recommend!!

This was a nice hike. Pretty close to Calgary, but feels worlds away. Trail is mostly good, easy to find. Slightly muddy and slippery in spots but totally manageable. A couple of really steep spots. Moderately trafficked.

Nice hike with a beautiful Lookoff. Well marked and maintained. Moderate traffic. Good hike if you haven’t been out in a while and want to see how you’ll do.

Such a beautiful hike! Not too difficult which was perfect on such a hot day. Loved seeing all the butterflies and flowers. Looking forward to doing this one again in a few weeks!

It was a nice trail on a hot day. I think we went around the wrong way as we saw the viewpoint first and hat would have been a better conclusion than a prelude.

The foliage is very tall, a bit harder to manage for my 5 year old but the hike is easy.

Nice forest trail that is quite dense at times. Easy hike with a toddler in a pack with one prolonged incline. I quite enjoyed having a picnic at the lookout. Very nice trail.

More people need to visit this place, amazing variety of terrain in a small area. Also an amazing view of Calgary and the mountains from the lookout

One of Alberta’s best kept secrets.

Always a great day!

Absolutely stunning views of the foothills! Did this hike with 4 children 8-10 and our dog. We will have to go back to complete all the trails in this beautiful park. We had a blast, felt like we were in Vancouver and the wildlife was amazing. Saw many butterflies, deer, flowers, creeks, abandoned cabins, (my kids favorite) and breath taking scenery. We will be back!

Lots of beautiful wildflowers and singing birds. Nice forest walk.
Bug spray necessary.

Nice and quiet

Great hike with the kids they loved it bring bug spray for sure lots of mosquitos beautiful wild flowers loved the trail with all the little bridges

Amazing scenery from the viewpoint. There is a few different cut throughs so can make your hike as long or short as you like.

This was a lovely trail clear of all snow. A few wet spots. The perimeter route my gps marked as 8km. Well maintained. The dog loved it.

Did this one a month ago.
Really nice hike with dog.

A great shady hike ideal for a hot summer's day with a good mix of up hill, down hill and flat sections. Take the short hike to the viewpoint on the back section for some great views of the Rockies from the ridge.

Great little trail system and not far from Calgary. The trails were packed down but we snowshoed anyway.

Did this trail with my pregnant wife, recovering dog from surgery, and 4 year old son. Very family friendly, but still somewhat hidden from the crowds. Great forest setting.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Beautiful!!! excellent trail for beginners, beautiful scenery. Just have to keep your eyes peeled for the tree roots! Lol

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I took my kids here, great trail well kept!