Big Horn Trail is a 40.4 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hinton, Alberta, Canada that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Distance: 40.4 km Elevation Gain: 1,604 m Route Type: Out & Back

The first 6 kilometres of this trail have steep climbs but are very well maintained. After the 7 km mark the trail is largely unmaintained with over 250 trees to go above under or around till just after the 16k mark. At the 16 km mark we had recorded going 25 km to get around everything. Nice views, well marked trail. Definitely not for the faint of heart. You need a lot of will power to get through this trail.

great nature hike. only made it to 6km marker, which was worth the views. Big climbs, a lot of up hill. the first 2km were very soggy as there has been a lot of rain. July.12.2019

Monday, August 06, 2018

Trail head at each end of this, one on cold creek road, the other at the Gregg River Day Use Area. It's about 16km one way. Park at the cold creek road, there is a little pull out and a very faded (and vandalized) sign with a big horn sheep on it, and a little further down is a map (also vandalized). A nice forest walk at first approaching the various scrambles to the ridge and the first viewpoint. I have only ever gone to 6km marker and turned around but I enjoy the hike, the view is great, and there is a ton of fungi and wild flowers to see along the way. I always see a ton of cougar sign along this trail, not always the same place. I have my dog with me all the time so we've never seen one here, but it's something to be aware of especially if you're by yourself.