Barrier Lake Trail

Barrier Lake Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from March until November.

Walked around the lake to the campground. Definitely going to spend a night or two there! Tons of wild flowers and great views. Very easy hike I would do again.

It was a good trail.

My first trail run ever! Super fun, and not too busy on a Saturday! Took just under two hours

I went on my first mountain hike here this past weekend. I loved it! Some hard parts but a gorgeous day trip, would do again.

Wasnt as easy as I thought. Fantastic views from the top . Worth every hour of hiking .

Pretty easy trail but long. It got a tad steeper at the top a few times. Very windy at the beginning by the lake, I'd take a light jacket next time. Climb all the way up if you can. The view is great!) and just beware of wild life. We were warned a bear was seen nearby but we didn't see it ourselves.

An easy to moderate trail! A lot of switch backs abs shaded areas up the mountain. The views from the top are gorgeous!!! Great for beginners :) completed up and down in about 2 and a half hours.

Great easy hike to start the season. Took about 2.5 hours to complete.

Nice lake. Be careful we saw Cougar footprints and heard its roaring while hiking.

Easy hike with not much of an incline until the very end.

Beautiful view. Short easy hike.

great hike...a little icy.

Stunning views. Some snow covered portions but did the hike in runners and had no problem.