Barrier Lake Interpretive Trail is a 4.8 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.8 km
242 m

Short uphill hike to a ridge providing views of the northern and southern sections of Barrier lake. Trails an be shortened by parking in the upper parking lot of Barrier Lake Day Use.

Ended up off trail and found myself bushwhacking and climbing precariously along a rock-face.. not what I had intended!! Lol but seriously stunning views :)

Easy short hike with stunning views up top.

Pretty easy, liked that it was along the lake. Lots of spots to start, we got onto the trail at the boat launch area.

Easy quick hike with a pretty view. The trail is covered by trees for most of it, so the view is just at the top! Great for a quick outing!

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Amazing views at the top!

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Would have loved to stay longer, but the members in my hiking party were bear-scared

Thursday, July 06, 2017

great trail for young kids

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Did this hike twice! One of my favourites so far! Beautiful view for the height travelled. Takes 2.5-3 hrs return. There are 2 lookouts 15 min apart from one another. I stayed on trail the first time. Second time took the "shortcuts" on the way down and got lost in deep brush forest lol eventually found my way back to the trail when I found service after 15-20 mins!

Saturday, June 17, 2017

If you are wanting to get a feel for what it's like to hike to the top of a mountain, this is a good place to start. Not exactly a mountain but it gives you an idea of what to expect.

Trails are in great shape. We missed a corner and ended up at the lake instead of at the top but after turning around we eventually made it up.

Saturday, June 17, 2017