Alder Trail

Alder Trail is a 1.6 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bragg Creek, Alberta, Canada that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1.6 km
70 m

I'm actually not sure if I should rate this site, or this trail 1 star. Alder Trail is most definitely not a loop, and it is most definitely not 1 km. I chose this trail as a first hike for my 6 month old. We geared up with water and a bottle ("why pack more - it's only 1 km!" I thought), put her in the Maman Kangarou, and set off. 2 hours later, we had still not turned back to start the return trek, and what's more, another couple up ahead of us were also "lost". With no foreseeable end in sight, we left the trail and cut across a nearby school to the highway. The couple we met along the way walked back to the parking lot on the highway, but since that was still over an hour long walk, and I had a 6 month old strapped to me, I opted for an Uber. But guess what? Bragg Creek is too small to have Uber - or taxis! I eventually rang the school bell and a lovely teacher who was working there over her weekend drove us to our car. She told us we were not the first people she'd had to drive to the parking lot after getting lost on the never-ending trail! TAKEAWAYS: 1. This trail needs much better signage; 2. This trail is not kid friendly.

Good little hike. went in Feb 2017.

My favourite trail to run in town. From the river to the school and back it’s about 8.5km.

Very poor signs. Our 1 km trek turned into 6 or more km! Overall a very easy hike suitable for a 4 yr old.

Monday, November 21, 2016