Akamina Pass and Wall and Forum Lake Trail

Akamina Pass and Wall and Forum Lake Trail is a 19.3 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Waterton, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

19.3 km
1380 m

Took us 6 hours to do the whole loop with a few breaks. Amazing views from the top. Would definitely recommend a light jacket for the ridge as the wind can be chilling.

We just did the into Forum Lake and back to the parking lot portion of this hike. May try the full circle another time.
We went mid July and the bugs were pretty thick so bring bug spray. After Forum Falls you climb for a while to the lake. The lake is beautiful and the falls are awesome too.

some scramble and steep paths but do-able for fit people, I walked with kids ages 3-10 and mom, exceptional kids. This trail is for experienced hikers, bring poles and warm clothes for mountain weather, as well as cleats for early and late season

One of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done. Lots of gorgeous wild flowers, amazing views. The only downside is a very strong wind at the top, that blows you away

amazing. one of the best. a light jacket would be good for the top. It does get pretty windy. also take the left route first as the climb up is way better then the climb down. but the views are so worth it.

Han Solo'd part of the Waterton Triple Crown today: Akamina Awesome Ridge!

I faced my archenemy (the wind) along the ridge - I would compare it to 2 titans fighting for survival... it was glorious and graceful.

I definitely recommend this hike if you haven't tried it yet.

Tips:
- Remember a windbreaker for the ridge.
- I used the AllTrails app for guidance (it helped).
- It also seemed better to take the Forum Lake way around for ascending/descending.

July 31, 2016

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Our first Of the three Triple Crown Challenge. One of the best trails, we did the Forum Lake trail, up through the ridge, and down to Wall Lake and back to the road.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016