12 Mile Coulee

12 Mile Coulee is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Calgary, Alberta, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 252 feet Route Type: Out & Back

icy

great hidden inner city coullee

Not bad. A fun evening walk. Kind of a hidden forest in the middle of highways.

Always a nice quick hike along this trail. Caution needed as a moose and calf spotted on trail this morning, September 14.

Despite having a “dogs must be kept on-leash” sign, all dogs I saw on this trail were off-leash.

Very nice hike with beautiful scenery. It took about an hour for my dog and I to walk it and we only saw one other walker and one person on a bike (we were walking at 9am) The trail can get pretty narrow and it was muddy and wet throughout.

I love this trail and complete it at least once a week with my dog. Easy trail with a slight incline to get out of the coulee at the end. As this trail is in the middle of a Calgary community it is well used for many purposes: hiking/running/mountain biking and also lots of school trips here in school time. That being said I only saw one other person today on my walk.

closed

Very beautiful, but parts of it are off-leash. It is not clear which parts are on and are off leash. Two separate occasions 3-6 large dogs (Doberman, Rottweiler, Boxer, German Shepard) rushed us and barked. The owners were not supportive nor agreeable to put their dogs back on leash.

A little muddy, but a cool little trail located within city limits. Watch out for bikers and make sure to leash pets since coyotes frequent this trail. I ran into a few trail runners and families during the late afternoon on a weekday. Stick to the trail on the left heading in to avoid crossing the stream in your shoes (which I learned the hard way

The dogs and me lived it! They had so much fun running up and down the trail, in and out of the water! So amazing and so close to home!

Fun little hike, muddy in some spots.

I finally got to this trail yesterday! It is less than 10 minutes from my house. I took my grand daughters and we were delighted by the experience. it still has muddy sections. It has the woods, a stream, and we will be going back for sure!

This trail was fun to explore, as there were many different paths to take. Very muddy tho, so wear shoes you don’t mind getting dirty.

Fri Jul 06 2018

Took the dog and it was great! A little narrow in some spots but nice views.

Thu Jun 14 2018

Sun Oct 08 2017

Great trail in the city!

Mon Aug 28 2017

Great walk for most ages, a great creek and beautiful flora. Lots of wildlife.

recorded 12 Mile Coulee