Tiger Fern Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Quam Bank, Stann Creek, Belize that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 915 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Very nice hike, trail well maintained. The views at the top and the too waterfalls make it a very worth while trip.

Awesome trail with treat of amazing waterfall at end to cool off. Amazing views at top. Didn't see much wildlife. It's a hardcore quad/heelcord workout out. About a 6mi total hike. Also, we got tore up by the botless Flys, but I'd do it all over again for that waterfall

This hike is challenging, almost entirely uphill. I hiked it with about 50lbs in my pack, ready to camp at the top! It made the climb tough, but only took about 1.5 hours with that extra weight. I would absolutely do it again, as the views at the top were like nothing I’ve ever seen before! We were lucky to be there for sunset and sunrise.

Sun May 26 2019

It’s a great hike, good for a decent workout, just remember to bring lots of water and bug spray. Don’t forget to hike up past the first waterfall, there’s a second one higher up!

Fri Apr 05 2019

This was an amazing hike! It is a very hard hike but with time and patience we helped my 67 year old mother in law all the way up to the overlook and then all the way down to the waterfalls. There are resting benches around almost every 10 minutes of hiking so she could stop, rest, drink water and catch her breath. We all loved it and it was worth every step!

Fri Mar 29 2019

A challenging hike but two beautiful waterfalls at the end. Cool off with a swim in the falls before heading back. I would not recommended for inexperienced hikers.

Sat Feb 16 2019

Awesome trail. Very well marked and rest benches throughout. We started hiking at 6am and when we got to the top all of the fog was leaving as the sun was hitting the valley. So beautiful! The falls are amazing and we didn't see any traces of trash! Not much for animals however.

Sat Jan 05 2019

Slippery as you get to the falls. Need to watch your foot plants. The falls are great. Go for a swim and bring something to at least dry your feet. Not as buggy as expected which was nice. Hardly saw any wildlife though so that was disappointing.

Fri Jan 04 2019

This is a wonderful jungle hike with a beautiful mountain top view and two pristine waterfalls. This trail can be a little slippery and is a little steep but not a bad hike. Surprisingly, the bugs were not too bad, but I recommend bug spray just in case. The hike was muggy, so nice sweat wicking clothes help, and mostly under the canopy. I recommend bringing a swimsuit if you plan on swimming.

Wed Apr 18 2018

Was nice yet hard for a first timer! But i did it and the waterfall was amazing!

Wed Feb 14 2018

A beautiful hike with two waterfalls at the end! Stop at the camping area to see a panographic view of the surrounding jungle covered hills. Trail is challenging but worth the effort!

Mon Aug 21 2017

Really hard hiking. It's 2.8 miles one way straight up, with narrow, wet and slippery trails. However the campsite and the over all view worth it all the work.

Sat Jul 29 2017

Primarily uphill. Rest benches along the way. The hike down to the waterfalls is steep and can be slippery. Worth it to swim!

recorded Tiger Fern Trail