Great Ocean Walk

Great Ocean Walk is a 83.4 kilometer moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Geelong, Victoria, Australia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

83.4 km
2553 m
Point to Point

beach

A 6-day walk along beneath tall forests, through coastal heath, past lush green pastures and across sandy beaches pounded by the waves of the Southern Ocean.

Completed track ( 104 km) in 6 days and 5 nights. The GOW signs and numbers are useful. Mobile signal was not too bad and in all camping sides water tanks were full and well conserved. I saw a lot animals and all scenery was fantastic. I had a negative experience between Blanket Bay to Aire River as I stopped to buy a cold drink at lighthouse shop but the shop attendant was impolite toward me. Also after Johanna’s beach camping side there are few gates that must be kept locked, after last gate please be careful as there are a few wild kangaroos in the area. Please note that at this part of the track I was chased away by a male kangaroo who wanted kick and scratch me. I ended up running and strategically jumping out of lane seeking a place to hide in the bush until big fella moved away. I really enjoyed the last leg of the track, I highly recommend to stop at small village close to Riverlock. At this village there is a great a cafe shop and this may be an opportunity to have a cup of latte so you can reach twelve apostles fully charged. Have fun!

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

This walk is beautiful. Plenty of different terrains which include beach walking, sand, rocks, wood platforms, bushland etc. I suggest you put this one on your bucket list

Friday, February 17, 2017