Learn more

Venman Track is a 4.7 mile loop trail located in the state of Queensland, Australia. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking and walking.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 482 feet Route Type: Loop

This trail is in Venman Bushland National Park, 40 km south of Brisbane on West Mount Cotton Road. This trail takes you through great bushland ideal for nature observations, walking, hiking and trail running and is suitable for the whole family. The trail is well marked and clear. It is undulating but no serious hills (1 hill just steep enough to get you puffing). Surface is natural. There a number of creeks to cross but these do not pose a problem in dry weather and after a shower use the stepping stone on the side of the track to keep your feet dry. The track will be muddy after rain. The park also offers picnic facilities and other walks.

Totally enjoyed this track. Lots of options and paths to take or change up. The far right side of the circuit is more enjoyable and cooler. We went anti clockwise and I think that was wise given some of the inclines going the other way. Hiking shoes are desirable but not necessary. Toilets and picnic facilities at the entrance. My 9yo has a ball and will definitely be back again.

Easy to follow, wide bush trail. Not difficult - few steep hills and decents though very manageable. Completed in 1hr45mins, at a leisurely pace, stopped only 2-3mins. Info board however recommends allowance for 4 hours.

Fairly easy graded trail with some reasonable ups and downs but nothing too hairy A couple of rock hopping spots over the creek. Easy 8.4km afternoon walk

New to nature walks. Venman Circuit done. Grateful for my new shoes as the old ones wouldn’t have coped. Not the most scenic walk, and I didn’t spot a lot of wildlife, but it’s always nice to be one with nature for a couple of hours.

good trail for those folks just starting out bushwalking. Pretty easy trail though a couple of hills just to get your heart rate up a bit. Open woodland no lookout points as such but a nice walk. Well signposted along the way. Toilets and picnic tables near the carpark.

I was a bit disappointed, a forest walk on a good 4x4 track no hills worthy of breaking stride and no viewpoints or points of interest along the way, a pleasant walk non the less

Nice easy walk - good length and just the right amount of hills to make it a bit of a work out. We did the trail in a clockwise direction (go left at the start of the trail) and enjoyed getting the big hill out of the way early, and doing the cooler section closer to the creek near the end. Spotted a wallaby and a water dragon along the way.

Such a beautiful trail. A couple of decent hills to keep the heart rate up. It would be even more beautiful after some rain with the creek flowing.

great walk, shady and cool, with lots of wildlife

Will definitely return! A lot of little fun tracks to adventure through. Signs at most junctions and also helped a lot having using this app. Beautiful lush park with bbq/picnic area with toilets.

Sun Jun 16 2019

greeted by wallabies good track to walk, quiet peaceful too long for small children stick to the tingalpa circuit track.

Nice and wide path, just be sure to follow the signs! Took my unfit partner and I under two hours, so probably a good starting track. We didn't see any of the wallabies people mentioned, but there was a few iguanas(? very big lizards?). A few nice sections of lantana, but unfortunately no views - it was closed in, which was a shame. Make sure you bring bug repellent; we didn't have ours and I got March fly bites. There are also spots that looked like mosquito breeding grounds. Overall, great short hike and glad I didn't, but doubt I'll return.

Sun Apr 07 2019

Great easy walk, saw a couple of wallabies and the kids made it round with minimal moaning. Very peaceful and couple of nice hills to get the heart rate up. Took us 2 hours. Recommend for sure.

Nice, short and easy trails ✅ Great for kids ✅ Great for all ages ✅ Plenty of picnic area with barbecues provided ✅

Sun Mar 03 2019

A nice walk with almost a guaranteed chance to see wallabies. Reasonably easy with a couple of steep parts. I walk the venman and the tingalpa tracks together in about 1.5hours

Great easy walk with ever changing vegetation zones. Watch out for Golden Orb Weaving Spiders across the tracks.

Fri Jan 18 2019

My husband and I did the Venman track and we would highly suggest a few things to make it a peaceful walk in Summer: go on an overcast/cloudy day; wear sunscreen and sunglasses; bring ice-cold water. Another point is to start by turning left onto the track. We turned right onto the track and we had a lot of uphill and minimal downhill. It was still a nice walk, not too easy but not too difficult. I burned almost 900 calories on this!

Fri Jan 11 2019

Great kids walk and nice picnic facilities once you’re done

Sat Sep 01 2018

Great w kids, has a 2.5 km as well as 7.5km. My 2.5 yo did it :-)

Sat Jul 14 2018

Beautiful easy track to hike with some nice creek crossing. Ground was damp so I would be cautious about going after rain and my GPS took me past the entrance so just look out for the signs on the turn off. Gorgeous picnic area and toilets on site.

Thu May 03 2018

Venman circuit is a nice 7.5 track, well signed. Lots of trees so sun isn’t really an issue... Going anti clockwise there are a couple hills that will get the heart rate up. Would rather walk up them than down though... can be slippery with loose rocks. Should take no longer than 2 hours if walking a normal pace and stop for drinks etc.. I’m not a super fast walker and takes me around 1.5hours.

Mon Apr 30 2018

An easy walk, really enjoyable and fun to do.

Sun Apr 15 2018

fun to cross those creeks and tree blockages.

Sun Apr 15 2018

Nice walk, agreed with the previous comments about couple of hills and creek crossings. Nice picnic area too

Wed Mar 21 2018

Easy trail, creek crossings could be tricky directly after some rain

Sun Mar 18 2018

Great easy trek

Wed Feb 07 2018

Be prepared for a few extra hills and stone water crossings. Nice easy/med walk! Picnic area is well maintained!

Sun Jan 14 2018

it's a great easy walk. one that I do often

Mon May 01 2017

Great trail to start your hiking