Upper Portals Track

Upper Portals Track is a 8.4 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Maroon, Queensland, Australia that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 8.4 km Elevation Gain: 415 m Route Type: Loop

The walk is nice, it's a shame it is mostly on management/fire trails (So happy I have a 4wd saving me from that part). The upper portals are awesome especially down by the waterfall, i can't pick a favourite between upper and lower. Great big pools with deep water, cool rock formations, fun exploring and swimming. I hiked back on the 'bypass track ( if that is correct?) which was a good addition with awesome views of the barney peaks at the top. lost the track for a bit and went all over the place before finding my way back. my bad.

Nice walk . Great scenery. Running creek at the end of it there is a trail along side of it or you can rock hop. Took lunch with us for a picnic . 4 hrs all up return including picnic. I’d do it again.

make sure you have a 4WD vehicle. the actual trail is at the end of a very uneven surface road.I only have a hatchback car.so i walked it A long steep in parts road.The trail itself is a great hike.there are some steep bits ,and can be slippery, there is no rock scrambling on the trail itself. When you reach the portals, beautiful, and a bit of rock hopping, if you want to explore

Monday, September 03, 2018