Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Ewan Maddock Dam Main Track is a 5.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Landsborough, Queensland, Australia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 784 feet Route Type: Out & Back

How good is this! You can actually take your dog/s (on lead of course). Run, walk whatever you want. Agree with previous comment re the Private Property sign...wt? Confusing... just ignore I guess...

What's with the "Private Property" sign beside the trail that passes between the water and the house's backyard about 2km into the walk where it branches off when coming from the main parking area. One track leads to the footpath by the road, the other by the water seems to be through private property. Is that a driveway or part of the track? just wondering if the homeowners are just being assholes trying to stop people using the track or if that is actually private property.

my wife and I love this track. from the Carpark to the brown loop and back is ~8km . people you meet are friendly and dogs on the leash at all times. you my encounter horse back riders and Mtn bike riders.

Great track for beginners to intermediate hikers.

My wife and I went for a lovely walk here. Just the short trail as we are just starting out and trying to shed some weight. We really enjoyed the walk. Has a few hills, so the unfit might find it a little challenging, but not overly. It was a good work out.

Great easy walking trail. Keep an eye out for mountain bikers. Saw lots of bird life at the start of the trail on the dam’s edge. The 8.7km track took just over 2 hours walking with a small child in a backpack on my back.

Good dog friendly trail with plenty of options for paths.

We love it here. A great family day out. Open to bikes, dogs, horses and water spots. There is a roped off section in the water so the kids can safely play. I’ve taken my horse there a few times and I love all the big hills. It’s 17ks including the black loop and main track. We take the kids and their bikes. And the dogs love it there too. There is a simpler playground and a swing as well.

Need to update this as a dog friendly running trail. If anyone knows of any others please share as this app doesn’t have many dog friendly trails marked. Why is Australia so anti a human’s best friend!? Great trails, shaded, protected from weather and easy to run on.

I only got a couple of kms in and the track was closed for maintenance. But what I saw was beautiful. Great hike for all fitness levels, kids and animals. There’s a great bike track too which I think I’ll take advantage of. Highly recommend

Spectacular natured trail and so easy for any fitness or experienced level, even kids will love this! Track is mostly flat, shaded and single tracked, through trees all round the spectacular dam. Definitely a scenic ride for relaxation - and a coffee shop or two on the route You will find a piece of peace here❤️

Sun Apr 28 2019

Great for a nice easy walk. Great additional loops and good to see dogs are allowed. No main points of interest but lots of animals and diversity in plants.

Sun Apr 21 2019

I wouldn’t say this track is moderate, I did just short of the entire track. It’s been raining the entire Easter break so the track is very wet and slippery, would recommend proper hiking shoes if you were to do it in similar conditions. Sticking to the walking track there isn’t anything that a first timer couldn’t do, there were plenty of children with their families doing it in things.

Tue Apr 16 2019

Dularcha to Ewen Maddock trail going through the original Gympie to Brisbane rail track. Enter via Myla St Landsborough. I did the tunnel walk, stopping at the entry point of tunnel, you'll need a torch for that part as it is quite dark and is inhabited by bats at different times of the year. Lovely easy walk, some uneven surfaces, good for beginners.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Beautiful walk/run for both the dog and myself. Did the full main walk, didn't realise it came out at Mooloolah as opposed to Steve Irwin way...that's a separate walk which I'll do another day. Recommend you put mozzie spray on after the rains. Peaceful, lovely bushland and water areas.

Sun Feb 17 2019

Great hike for the kids.

Thu Feb 14 2019

small loop for walkers, managed to get nearly 8kms done utilising the bike track but wouldn't recommend without a pushbike. saw a fair few snakes

Wed Feb 06 2019

a nice little walk for kids, plenty of things to see, lizards, dragonflies, anglers and horses on the trail. look forward to a childless walk :)

Thu Jan 31 2019

I did the main track and looped around the pink track back to the start. Really easy walk and good for interval running. Watch out for bike riders though! And goannas crossing your path

Tue Sep 18 2018